• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
AdamP

Tu3jp Head On Tu9 Engine

AdamP

Would a TU3JP head go on a TU9 block? I'm thinking low compression....

swordfish210

Turbo....

AdamP
Turbo....

....foiled. Dammit :rolleyes:

I've got the head at home, but unfortunately i'm at university so i cant go measure!

Also, does anyone know what sort of overlap the TU3JP cam runs? Too much to run decent boost?

Edited by AdamP

welshpug

wont that put you in the absolutelyfnuckingmentalbigturbosuperchargedv10enginewithamassivewing class?

AdamP
wont that put you in the absolutelyfnuckingmentalbigturbosuperchargedv10enginewithamassivewing class?

Nope...

11.5.1. For Road-Going Series Production Cars, the

cylinder block and cylinder head must remain in the

original position and be of the original type and

material. Induction is free (forced induction equivalency

applies as in 10.3), as are exhaust systems, but must

remain in the same capacity class as the original car or

the manufacturer’s specified option for the model and

engine.

The engine wont be destined for the roland garros as I need to sell it for something more practical (another 205 of course).

AdamP

Question 3... would the plastic XSI inlet manifold take forced induction?

welshpug
11.5.1 must

remain in the same capacity class as the original car

or

the manufacturer’s specified option for the model and

engine.

so a 954cc x 1.7 = 1621cc.

so would need to be in a 1.9 gti or a diesel model as its bigger than any other 205 engine, in which case, will you get as much power from a turbo'd 1.0 as a modded 1.9?

AdamP
so a 954cc x 1.7 = 1621cc.

so would need to be in a 1.9 gti or a diesel model as its bigger than any other 205 engine, in which case, will you get as much power from a turbo'd 1.0 as a modded 1.9?

10.3.1. Forced induction equivalence 1.4.

= upto 1400 class :rolleyes: With the possibility of swapping for a 1360 block and running in the upto 2l class at a later date.

Edited by AdamP

welshpug

ahhh sweet :)

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...103709&st=0

not sure how close the TU and TU1 engines are, but this might be something to consider when thinking about fitting the 1360 head;

Oh yes valve sizes are std 1100, 1360 valves were too shrouded on the 1100 head and lost a good 15-20 cfm flow.
Edited by welshpug

AdamP

I was just looking for that thread! I guess it would be more of an issue on a high revving NA engine where you're trying to flow as much air as possible at atmospheric pressure than on a relatively crude turbo setup where you're just trying to cram as much air into the cylinder as possible for a bigger bang, although I'm far from experienced in this field and will wait for advice on the subject. In my mind the advantages of better ports and lower compression outweigh the disadvantage of bigger valves, but as I said, I'm definitely no expert!

AdamP

I was about to suggest that using a TU9 crank in a TU1 would reduce the compression and capacity, however this would still put it at 1009cc, damn!

drmo

You could run boost on plastic xsi inlet, but the pressure should be under 14psi, becose it will blow up otherwise.

AdamP
You could run boost on plastic xsi inlet, but the pressure should be under 14psi, becose it will blow up otherwise.

Sounds sensible. I cant see myself running over 14psi seeing as i'm planning oon keeping the bottom end absolutely standard, but I suppose the other alternatives would be make my own or find a Rallye inlet manifold.

I'm back at home now so i'll dig out my TU3JP head and have a measure... fingers crossed!

RyszW
Sounds sensible. I cant see myself running over 14psi seeing as i'm planning oon keeping the bottom end absolutely standard, but I suppose the other alternatives would be make my own or find a Rallye inlet manifold.

I'm back at home now so i'll dig out my TU3JP head and have a measure... fingers crossed!

That's scary Adam, I was just thinking about this on the standard 1360 block as I have (Fingers crossed) sourced one from an XS for the 309!

I was thinking going the R5 Turbo carb route...

Rysz.