• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
lemmingzappa

Trim Fixing Kit Part No.

lemmingzappa

Does anyone have a part number for a Wheel Arch/Trim fixing kit (if such a thing exists from Pug) ?

There's a guy on eBay selling them for £40 posted. Is that reasonable ?

287675862o.jpg

Anthony

That kit is available from the dealer (or was last time I checked) and is just being sold with the sellers markup added on top, like so many parts on eBay these days...

lemmingzappa

I couldn't find it on service box :)

welshpug

if like anything else he sells they come from peugeot then get sold for inflated prices.

Veero

Oooh I could do with a few bits out of that but buggered if Im paying £40 for the privilege. Unfortunately my Pug dealer takes an age to find anything on the computer as he's such a technophobe, sometimes I think he's gonna get the microfiche out!

lemmingzappa

Had another look around servicebox but I can only find individual clips etc..

Where should I be looking for kits/packs of parts ?

welshpug

I found 6999 30, but not sure if that includes the bits for the side as well as the door, why don't you ask the guy on ebay? :)

Para

This set is just for one side

MerlinGTI

I need these soon, would be handy if someone knew the part number for the ebay rip off above :D

SurGie
That kit is available from the dealer (or was last time I checked) and is just being sold with the sellers markup added on top, like so many parts on eBay these days...

This is one of the reasons Pug are no longer selling a lot of 205 gti parts nowadays. The more we buy the more they will keep making.

I read an another topic that the dealer no longer sell the side trim metal brackets any more ?

lemmingzappa

Just spoke to Peugeot and he said the part number doesn't even exist anymore. When I told him how much the bloke on eBay was selling them for, he said it wasn't that far off what Pug were selling them for anyway.

Ryan

There's kit number 6994.44, which looks like that one on ebay. £33 according to servicebox.

welshpug

they must be available, otherwise they wouldn't be on ebay, they certainly aren't on the parts diagrams any more, but are still on price files like Ryan said there.

can't check miamistu's older copy of the files as his website is down <_<

lemmingzappa

As far as I know part 6994.44 is only enough to do half a car. Could be wrong though.

welshpug

yes, that's what Para said a few posts ago.

lemmingzappa
yes, that's what Para said a few posts ago.

I just went back and read his comment, but I wasn't sure if he was talking about part 6999 30 instead.

If the eBay one is the same, I bought it before reading this thread again. DOHHHH :(

Edited by lemmingzappa

welshpug

have you got it yet? check the part number :(

lemmingzappa

Nah I only ordered it this afternoon. Purely from looking at the picture I thought it was a full set.

I've never taken all the trim off before to check though.

lemmingzappa

Is there an individual part number for the metal clips ?

blippi

probably bit late but have asked ebay seller in the past if its complete clips but told me it wasnt but couldnt tell me which bits were missing. From your comment i'm guessing its complete ecept the metal clips?

lemmingzappa
probably bit late but have asked ebay seller in the past if its complete clips but told me it wasnt but couldnt tell me which bits were missing. From your comment i'm guessing its complete ecept the metal clips?

nope, I think it's actually half a kit !

I haven't checked how many of each part I actually need to do a full car, but I only got 6 metal clips which isnt enough.

blippi
nope, I think it's actually half a kit !

I haven't checked how many of each part I actually need to do a full car, but I only got 6 metal clips which isnt enough.

would be interested when u use it if u could let me know if its everything to fit 1 side

Para

Below is a picture of plastic clip which holds the silver/red trim , there is a part number there

201003121384.jpg

lemmingzappa
Below is a picture of plastic clip which holds the silver/red trim , there is a part number there

201003121384.jpg

Sorry I was talking about the metal clips which attach to the rivets, not the plastic ones ;):)

Para

Metal clips are unfortunately not available anymore, there is a exact the same one produced for Renault and it's matching perfectly. Send me a private message if you interested I will send you a part number.