• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
AndyJ

Playing With The Big Boys

AndyJ

Went for a bit of a blast yesterday with a couple of mates (BMW 850/Jag XKR), and ended up on the ridgeway overlooking didcot.

One of my mates wanted to try out a lens he had rented to do some wedding photos today... so we had a bit of a shoot in the pouring rain:

IMG_3114.jpg

IMG_3117.jpg

("Diamond Light Source" building in the background)

IMG_3138.jpg

IMG_3139.jpg

IMG_3142.jpg

Tried to get some with the power station (:mellow:) in the background but there was too much cloud!

Favourite comment about the 205 was along the lines of "bloody hell I didnt realise I'd have to try to keep up with you up that hill!" :unsure:

kate205gti

and its still the best looking car of the 3 :unsure: (slightly biased opinion maybe :mellow:)

good pics thou :(

P_Monty

Love the 4th picture - the one with the closeup of the 205.

scottish_lion

All cars on my wish list, but no question the 205 is the best looking!

AndyJ

I have to say the 850 comes a close second for me, its just got that retro cool look...also a dirty great V12 helps

Alastairh

Awesome. I must admit I'm a fan of the jag. I've been contemplating a XJR for a few months now. Hmm!

kyepan

i want an 850 with straight through pipes, so i can wake the dead... shame they are all auto..

*yes i know the csi is manual, but they are rare as and about 10k

AndyJ
i want an 850 with straight through pipes, so i can wake the dead... shame they are all auto..

*yes i know the csi is manual, but they are rare as and about 10k

Yep, the 205 was the only manual there, therefore the only car worth having :lol:

CaptainK

Thats the problem with nice V8 cars is that they are all autos. Why??? :S I find it detracts from my fun and I've been looking for a cheap V8 manual car for a while just so I can tick off the "man box" of having owned a V8. 8)

swordfish210
Thats the problem with nice V8 cars is that they are all autos. Why??? :S I find it detracts from my fun and I've been looking for a cheap V8 manual car for a while just so I can tick off the "man box" of having owned a V8. 8)

Auto box's do have their uses. I used to hate them with a passion but i'm starting to come around now

Baz

Alright for big comfy cruisers.

I really liked 8 series beemers, alot, since i was about 12 when a friend's dad got the first 850CSi, until i had an 840 for a week or so, very underwhelming tbh, not that quick, even in a straight line, and tbh i didn't see the benefit in it over the 745 i used the week before, or the S430 before that.

Seats were cool though.

205 is by far the best there, i won't even comment on the useless excuse for a Jaguar... :ph34r:

CaptainK
Auto box's do have their uses. I used to hate them with a passion but i'm starting to come around now

Oh agreed, they are good for comfy cruisers etc. However I love to feel involved with my car and I would just hate to have an auto in my car. That and then there is more to go wrong and break with an auto. :o

blessed6383

looks wkd and not far from home (oxford) myself will have to keep my eye out for the mi powered pug mind you ur see me in my bright blue pug will have it up n running by may fingers crossed were have to go for a run wouldnt mind going up against the bmw n jag on the country rds lol

Baz
Looks wicked brother, and not far from my home (oxford). Myself and my fellows will have to keep an eye out for your XU9J4 powered pug, mind you, you will see me in my bright blue Peugeot, i will have it up and running by May, fingers crossed. We shall have to go for a little jolly, wouldn't mind going up against the bmw and jag on the country roads, laugh out loud!

Edited for grammar, punctuation and the Queen's english. :ph34r:

Edited by Baz

jackherer

blessed6383, please don't use text speak.

Baz, you've overcorrected there and spun off in the opposite direction :ph34r:

Pugnut
blessed6383, please don't use text speak.

Baz, you've overcorrected there and spun off in the opposite direction ;)

:ph34r: . Overcooked the punctuation somewhat old chap!!

Cameron

Nice one Baz. ;)

Jag is rancid in that colour though it has to be said. Would look super-sexified in black! :ph34r: