• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MARKMI16

Top End Track Spec Suspension?

davidc

How does the turreted rears work ?

Is that using the standard arms but with shocks sitting upright ? How do the shocks mount to the arms ?

Cheers,

David

Batfink
Pardon my ignorance but.....what is SRD ???

Cheers,

David

Shillaber race designs... Mark Shillaber does a lot of race engines

The rear turret has a customised stub axle to mount the coilover unit onto. The torsion bars are then disconnected or removed like in my case.

Edited by Batfink

TT205

Shillaber Race Design (Mark Shillaber)

Sorry - beaten to it ^^^

Edited by TT205

Baz

Ian's a nice chap, and rave's about the suspension setup done by Colin on his car! :)

davidc
Shillaber race designs... Mark Shillaber does a lot of race engines

The rear turret has a customised stub axle to mount the coilover unit onto. The torsion bars are then disconnected or removed like in my case.

So...do you have the same turret set up on your car ? What sort of coilovers do you use & how do you think it handles ? Any better ?

Cheers,

David

Dj_mini

Ians car had a new 2L last year with even more power i think.

Iv also got colins set up and even a complete numpty like me can feel how totaly diffrent (better) it drives over a std type set up the one thing iv also noticed is how much tyre wear has been reduced.

Batfink
So...do you have the same turret set up on your car ? What sort of coilovers do you use & how do you think it handles ? Any better ?

Cheers,

David

Mines very similar and was done by Mark. My torsion bars have been removed completely though. I've got some custom ledas poached off some 306 rallycross car so not totally sure on their spec..

It handles very nicely indeed. It makes the rear predictable and settled. I've yet to find a balance I am totally happy with as I prefer a stiffer setup to Colin and mark but it allows you to attack the curbs without unsettling the car. Its all gone on a new car now with a wider front track so will have to do some testing once everything is finished.

To be honest I have yet to compare the setup to a similar spec with uprated torsion bars and dampers on track so I dont think I can say whether its 'better' but it certainly had a lot of grip in the wet. The theory is the ratio of damper movement to wheel movement is 1:1 giving more damper control. You may not be faster over a single lap but it hopefully allows greater consistancy over a complete race.

Kev

mxcrazy

There is a set of pro-flex 2 ways for sale in Ireland for 900 euros, ruth motorsport or something, if its of any use to anyone, came off of a . be best to speak to them about spec/condition.