• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Ruskyruss

Anybody With Stdt's Here's A Topic For You...

Ruskyruss

Well surprise surprise other thread deleted, so I was asking and was gonna show, anyone got an M reg STDT too?

Here is my xantia lump il be removing from my other stdt to fit too her...

post-7748-1268923857_thumb.jpg

welshpug

it has not been deleted at all!

Ruskyruss

sorry closed wrong word my bad!

Pugleyrich

got any pics of the rest of the car?

Ruskyruss

Yep heres a couple mate, this is the one im stripping, the M reg is stood at her standard height alongside...

Shame to strip her but the rust is definately getting the better of her since I stood her up at the end of last year, the quickest iv ever seen it take hold tbh...

post-7748-1268930076_thumb.jpg

Ruskyruss

too big to do more than one per post im sorry I hope I dont get accused of spamming again today! :rolleyes::lol:

post-7748-1268930151_thumb.jpg

Pugleyrich

shame to strip that, it looks nice. what are you going to convert over? i do like stdts but cant stand the colour of the interior!!

Ruskyruss

Mine will have black dash grey carpets and door cards with not a hint of red anywhere, cant stand it, well apart from the outside strips anyway! Full grey leathers in mint condition, little grey leather wheel with saxo pas and iv mounted boost gauge and cooling fan switch in middle pannel will attatch pic either gonna swap over to black panel or leave this beige in the black dash dunno which yet. I moved and cut the circuit board for the dials so my heaters still work too. I agree the standard beige is minging but very hard wearing, this L reg has actually done 215K and the original seats were still like new! I put the engine in last year and tuned her up, very nice :rolleyes:

Only got around to fitting the carpet and seats in this one but got all the dash and stuff waiting to go and gonna do it all on this m reg before she even goes anywhere, engine came out yesterday in 1 hr 20mins, I like these diesels after years fu@@@g about with fast petrol pugs.

She is or was a minter(Lreg) but rusty on inner wings under back seats in the boot and now above the drivers door of all places, sitting snow and the wind im thinking! Plus drivers side has had little brush with horse box not noticible apart from front wing but have never been as proud of her since, plus now iv got this m plate im gonna do the work on her as a longtime keeper so have got all front end stripped off atm and will be lowering brace for intercooler on top of rad this time... All she needs is inner wings and the rest of the body is absolutely mint amazing considering it was less than half a mile up a hill from the sea!

post-7748-1268931088_thumb.jpg

post-7748-1268931101_thumb.jpg

Pugleyrich

sounds like it will be nice when it is done. looks like you have ph1 half leathers in the gti, what is happening that? is the leather on those seats the same shade of grey as the full leathers? if so, you should take the spare headrests and stick them in the back

blue_haddock

I used to like my STDT as a daily smoke (quite literally) only thing i didn't like is the dog poo brown dash.

blue_haddock

but strangely i quite liked the velour seats - very hard wearing!

roote

i quite like the colour as it dosn't show the dog hair's, and we have named it "paddy poo peugeot beige" as it has quite a ring to it when your drunk and keep saying it, it's like "sea shells on the sea shore" well it was funny at the time anyway.

blue_haddock

i just call it dog sh!t brown!

forbeslongden

Epic thread resurrection time, anyone know what happened to the M plate STDT next to the featured car? I know the OP has been banned from what I gather...