• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
CaptainK

Window And Door Seals

CaptainK

My 205 is currently in the garage getting a few minor things fixed, one of them being that it floods with water when it rains.

They've tried reworking the original seals and using sealant and so forth, but the things still leak. Unfortunately it seems that Peugeot don't seem to stock them anymore.

So do any of you nice people know where I can buy (new preferably) :

1 x drivers side rear quarter window seal

1 x passenger side front door seal

wildejon

Thats weird, I bought some from pug not that long ago. Need a drivers door one now too, good to know if you have any luck.

quagmire

I have a very good pair of door seals. If you're intested PM me.

MerlinGTI

the door and 1/4 window seals are about £40 each from pug IIRC, the tailgate is £23 (+ VAT)

They were selling them about 6 months ago :wacko:

JackTar

A bone question I know but I presume that you mean the pug stealership? I'm new to the lingo....

CaptainK

How very weird then that you guys can get them from the stealerships. I wonder if its just the Exeter branch being slack or something ? I'll have to email the pug parts department and see what they have to say. I did find it weird that they couldn't get the parts. :S

Edited by CaptainK

CaptainK

Just spoke to Peugeot myself and they confirm that they have stopped making the seals for the rear quarter windows.

However, the door seals are still being made and I have one on order now.

Looks like I'm gonna have to check the scrapyards for second hand seals. Bit annoying as I can't drive at the mo. Doh !

Anthony

The problem is that 2nd hand rear quarter seals are often no better than the ones that you've already got, even if they 100% didn't leak when they were removed. From what I can work out, the seals seem to shrink slightly as they age which makes them slightly undersized for the apature that they're meant to be sealing, hence the leakage.

I've got a couple of rear quarter seals here that didn't leak when they were removed from the car, but thanks to the above, I simply couldn't say for definate that they won't leak if you fitted them to yours.

Another option is to swap over to base model non-opening rear quarters and matching seals, which rarely seem to leak. Obviously this means that you'll lose the ability to open the rear quarter windows, and they tend to look a little odd, particularly on lighter coloured 205's.

JackTar
Just spoke to Peugeot myself and they confirm that they have stopped making the seals for the rear quarter windows.

However, the door seals are still being made and I have one on order now.

Looks like I'm gonna have to check the scrapyards for second hand seals. Bit annoying as I can't drive at the mo. Doh !

How much did peugeot quote you for the door seals? I'vw got the same problem. I'm surprised that autofive haven't got in on the act.

CaptainK
How much did peugeot quote you for the door seals? I'vw got the same problem. I'm surprised that autofive haven't got in on the act.

Too much ! Around £50. Ridiculous I know, but thats were the big leak is coming from in mine so I figured it was best to get a good seal.

mhyphenl
Too much ! Around £50. Ridiculous I know, but thats were the big leak is coming from in mine so I figured it was best to get a good seal.

I can see theres going to be a market for these soon. I need some rear quaters for my rebuild, mine have shrunk over the years and are now a good cm short. I wonder how Peugeot decide what to stop making and weather they're aware thats there's a growing nimber of nutters out there willing to buy the stuff. <_<

CaptainK
I can see theres going to be a market for these soon. I need some rear quaters for my rebuild, mine have shrunk over the years and are now a good cm short. I wonder how Peugeot decide what to stop making and weather they're aware thats there's a growing nimber of nutters out there willing to buy the stuff. :)

I can't believe they've stopped making them as well, but I guess there isn't much need for them. Shame there isn't any "pattern" makers making up some simple seals for it. Like yours, mine has shrunk over the years and is too small to seal the area correctly. Got a second hand one heading my way soon, so hopefully that'll work, fail that it'll be out with the silicone sealant gun and sealing it that way. Not like I open the rear windows. <_<

willmounsey

With regards to the door seal i'm trying to hunt down new ones myself with no joy, I'm still waiting for autofive to get back to me on this as peugeot over here are a no no.

I have been looking at this

http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/c-37-side-seals.aspx

The second one from the top with the 19mm sponge bead looks promising for door seals but i wounder if the same could be used for the rear quarter windows in your case?

Has anyone tried an alternative seal to OE ones?

Will

CaptainK
With regards to the door seal i'm trying to hunt down new ones myself with no joy

I just rang Exeter Peugeot Parts Department and asked for a Peugeot 205 1993 GTi passenger door seal. Had to get it ordered via them and it turned up a few days later (ordered it last week on thurs and picked i up this week). Cost was £50 odd + VAT, so in real money around £60. Dunno what the part number is as they looked it up for me. If you want, give Exeter Pug a bell and see what they say - 01392 206 206.

willmounsey
I just rang Exeter Peugeot Parts Department and asked for a Peugeot 205 1993 GTi passenger door seal. Had to get it ordered via them and it turned up a few days later (ordered it last week on thurs and picked i up this week). Cost was £50 odd + VAT, so in real money around £60. Dunno what the part number is as they looked it up for me. If you want, give Exeter Pug a bell and see what they say - 01392 206 206.

Cheers for that CaptainK, if autofive dont get back to me within the week i'll give them a ring :ph34r:

Will

Alan77

Just managed to get 2 x door seals from my local peugeot dealer. (Dorchester)

P/N 9023E3 Door Weatherstrip, £60.40 each.

Autofive didn't even bother to reply to the answerphone message I left and Peugeotpartsdirect quickly replied, saying that they were NLA.

Peugeot turned out to be the best price and are sourced / delivered to dealer / with me within 48hrs.