• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
notamondayfan

Ford Sierra Breakers

notamondayfan

Hey guys,

Does any one know the name or any details of what looks like a Ford Sierra breakers somewhere between Skipton and Keighley?

I have driven past it a few times, and never taken much notice, but a mate has a cossie and wants some parts, but I can find any info anywhere. It will probably be a good few weeks before I drive past it again, so was wondering if anyone knows it?

Thanks, Dean

pug_ham

Dean,

I live around this area & can honestly say I don't know of anywhere around here that breaks Sierra's.

Exactly what part of the road between Keighley & Skipton is it on because I drive some it it daily & ought to be able to find any info easily enough. Old road, by pass, before Crosshills nearly at Skipton etc.

Only car breakers around Skipton I know of is Greens of Skipton but seriously doubt Ady would have any Sierras in.

Graham.

Bigtimmy

I used to go to Greens years ago when I got my first car, always looking for bits!!

pug_ham
I used to go to Greens years ago when I got my first car, always looking for bits!!

All changed now, you can't even enter the yard past the office anymore & I know the owner. :lol:

Graham.

notamondayfan

It might not be officially a breaker business, all I know is there are about 30 sierra's parked on what looks like an old forecourt. Sorry I'm being very vague, as I just generally drive past / through these villages without even noticing the names!

Thinking about it, it may actually be between Keighley and Huddersfield, nearer Keighley. If you know where all the off road bikers go (looks like an old quarry or something like that), it's around that area.

Bigtimmy

That would be near where I grew up, Cullingworth.

The off road place is near Denholme and I can't think for the life of me where you might have seen them unless it is as you drop down into Crossroads on the way to Keighley on the left hand side just after the tip.

My memory is a bit vague, haven't been back for a while!

jonnygoodhand

If you've got enough time, Google Street View would be ideal to help you locate this...

pug_ham

Dean, the motorbike place is "The Flappit" which is just outside Denholme as Timmy said & once you pass it the first place you come to next is Cross Roads but I don't pass through there much.

There is one place there who does older / classic cars Bocking Garage but other than that there is a car sales spot closer to Keighley near Ingrow station here or one closer to Cross Roads here.

The only other one I can think of is here but its much more of a motor home place now & in Denholme which is before the motorbike spot heading towards Keighley.

Graham.

jimistdt

I used to live over that way too, and although I know where you're on about I don't know of any Sierra breakers up there. Flappits though in my old mans 4x4 panda :lol:B):huh::o :lol:th

Bigtimmy

The only other one I can think of is here but its much more of a motor home place now & this is before the motorbike spot heading towards Keighley.

Thats Hoyle Bros, they used to be mor 4 x 4 people and had a great strap line for the business, "We're on the bend..not round it" Awesome

And having written that I have had a brainwave. I know exactly where you mean, its just before the Raggalds (sp?) pub on the way to Queensbury A644. Yes..my brain still works awesome!

Got it on street view here http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&sour...,283.74,,0,14.3

Well sort of. My compter skills and Google Street aren't compatable it seems. If you carry on along the A629 and take Brighouse road A644 and just before you get to Raggalds stop and the garage is there...complete with loads of Sierras on the forecourt..mint!

Edited by Bigtimmy

pug_ham
Got it on street view here http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&sour...,283.74,,0,14.3

Well sort of. My compter skills and Google Street aren't compatable it seems. If you carry on along the A629 and take Brighouse road A644 and just before you get to Raggalds stop and the garage is there...complete with loads of Sierras on the forecourt..mint!

Nice one, Well done.

Fixed the link, its here.

Thats miles from Keighley & even further from Skipton though, like Timmy says its just before you get to Queensbury. :lol:

Graham.

Bigtimmy

Nice one Graham,

Thats the photo I had when I clicked copy and just pasted the link into the thread, but it came up with the Hoyle Bros garage. Obviously computer skills aren't a strongpoint of mine.

Still I can buy stuff off the net with a credit card...what more skill do I need!

notamondayfan

That's amazing guys!! I owe you big style!!