• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
oli-pug

Eurocarparts Heater Matrix Any Good?

oli-pug

Need a new heater matrix and noticed EuroCarParts list one for the 205 which only costs £15 posted! Suspiciously cheap I know :huh:

Any other time i'd just buy a valeo part from GSF but money is tight at the moment. So has anyone fitted one of these?

Leet205

Im gonna order one of these, i done a search afew days back and im sure GTI6BOY recommended them. anyone know if they come with o rings?

Wallby

I fitted one of these a couple of months ago. It seemed of a good quality and is still working!

Im pretty sure it came with o rings too.

oli-pug

I've ordered one, will see how it goes

jeremy

I bought one several years ago from them only to discover it had a hole in it, unfortunately I had it sitting in the box for well over a year so didn't really think I would have any grounnds to take it back. Also it did not come with new in/outlet pipes, where as the next new one from my local motor factors did.

oli-pug
I bought one several years ago from them only to discover it had a hole in it, unfortunately I had it sitting in the box for well over a year so didn't really think I would have any grounnds to take it back. Also it did not come with new in/outlet pipes, where as the next new one from my local motor factors did.

The new matrix arrived today, looks fine but time will tell I suppose. It does come with new pipes and seals etc... so not bad value if it does its job!

pee vee

keep us posted.. i discovered a small wet patch on my footwell carpet the other day,,, so im gonna be needing one too lol

Stu

Ive ordered one too, mine's been leaking for a bit, just didnt realise it was the exchanger till the stereo stopped working :(

So.. I figured before i order a new stereo it'd be prudent to fit a new matrix :(

Lan

got myself one the other day looks pretty good to me and comes with new pipes and seals for 15quid no complaints

Alan77

Wish I'd seen this earlier. Just forked out £42 for a Nissens matrix from local motor factors. :lol:

Leet205

Managed to get to the depot to pick mines up today

Click for picture - this is what the kit contains, not bad at all for 15 quid delivered!

Colin :lol:

large
Managed to get to the depot to pick mines up today

Click for picture - this is what the kit contains, not bad at all for 15 quid delivered!

Colin ;)

What does the relish do?

johnnyboy666

tastes good on a burger i would imagine...

Matt Holley

I discovered a puddle of coolent in the floor of the 205 this morning, after finding this thread I phoned the nearest euro car parts and now have a bargin heater matrix.

Thanks Oli for pointing it out :)

Jackman

I need 2 of these!

Nice one!

alphacharlie

New stereo has stopped working, pulled it out today and its covered in antifreeze, why did the matrix wait till I'd spent a £100 on a stereo to spring a leak??

Matrix on order and no doubt a new new stereo too

AC <_<

Stu

I got one of these too, i got supplied the wrong pipes, or rather one was right and the other was the same as opposed to being the other one, and even then the right one didnt fit well!

Used my original pipes with the new seals and all was well, just a shame really, but other than that no probs!

Miles

I get mine from GSF, OE Valeo ones which you know will last another 20 years, cheap too

lemmingzappa

I tried to fit one of these yesterday but I found it a massive hassle. I'm still not even sure it's fitted correctly, are the raised areas at the end of the pipes (the bit the o-ring sits against) supposed to be hidden completely when fitted ? As mine are still visible between the fitting plate and the matrix, I thought they were supposed to sit inside the matrix completely ?

Also the quality of the matrix doesn't seem as good as the original.

lemmingzappa

Well I tested the system out and it doesn't seem to leak so hopefully will be ok :D

kate205gti

i bought and fitted the euro car parts one - fitted ok after a bit of jiggling however the nuts and bolts they supply are pants! the nuts are hexagonal and fall out everytime you try and line the bolt up - in the end i took the square nuts out the old matrix which push in and stay put

the bolts are also too short - so i found some longer ones instead which made the job 100 times easier :)

apart from that it all seems ok so for the money cant go far wrong - just change the nuts and bolts -_-

shalmaneser

I've got wet feet after my matrix gave up in fairly spectacular fashion, close to home though so was alright!

I get mine from GSF, OE Valeo ones which you know will last another 20 years, cheap too

Before I order a ECP one, how much is the GSF one? And you say it's OE?

Cheers.

shalmaneser

Just thought I'd wack in my experiences here...got the OE one from GSF - £34 which is OK in my book, ally rad with two ally pipes and some sticky back foam strip. The job itself is fine - i removed the drivers seat and the panel under the steering wheel, with a bit of fiddling about got it all done in a couple of hours, really is not bother at all compared to the mess I thought I was going to have to make. would be even easier on a RHD car, with no bloody steering column in the way.

No further leaks and lovely hot air too dry out my foot wells but it looks like my headunit is busted, arses.

muddatrucker

I think I need to do this as my heater no longer provides heat in an acceptable amount of time...not sure I can deal with the bother of a few hours work though!

Jrod

My 405 one from GSF started leaking about 6 months after I put it in. :ph34r: