• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
raider

Xu10j4r Turbo Project

raider

Hello to all, I'm new to this forum and really excited about how many well informed people are present!

We are building a XU10J4R (RFV) engine with exhaust turbo and are in the process of collecting information and parts.

A turbo manifold in on the way (Flowneater) and a custom head gasket will be manufactured in order to lower the compression.

Meanwhile, we are trying to conclude to the engine management that will be used. A MegaSquirt unit seems that is able to do the job at logic cost but I would like to use the original engine wiring loom and sensors and make an adapter to connect it to the loom's plug (PnP? setup).

The ECU that was with the engine, is a Bosch 0261204652, MP5.2, two row plug unit. After studying a bit, I found that this is a 60-2 wheel trigger setup for timing and wasted spark (two coils on plug used) for ignition.

My problem is that the pin out (wiring diagram) of the ecu to the various sensors of the engine is unknown to me and could not trace it after searching in the forum's database.

Any help or suggestions would be highly appreciated!

[L'e$kro]

Here is the Xu10j4R MP 5.1 Wiring Diagram, maybe the wiring loom is the same?

post-13412-1268570810_thumb.jpg

What is the exact model your engine comes from? I can have a look in Autodata for you.

Do you want to do a Patch loom between a regular MS unit and your Bosch connector?

Otherwise DIYautotune plans to release a 35 pin connector for their DIYPNP..

We'll be quickly following with more models. We're eyeing the connectors used on:

Nissan 240's

The 35, 68, and 88 pin Bosch Motronic Connectors used in a ton of cars, mostly European.

56pin GM ECUs (32 + 24pin)

If you want to see a DIYPNP for your car, let us know about it!

But isn't your connector a 3 row type with only 2 rows used?

Nicolas

raider

Hello Nicolas and many thanks for your reply!

I really don't know from which exact model this engine was removed from... may be from a 306.

I know though that it was generally fitted on Peugeots 306, 406, 605 and Citroens Xanthia, Xsara etc.

Anyway it will be the heart of a Citroen ZX, Kit car ...look :)

About the diagram, I don't know if it is the same as 5.2 but indeed my connector uses only 2 of its 3 rows.

Since I'm not familiar with Autodata, I cannot compare this to mine as the components coded A5, X1, B83 etc are unknown.

Indeed I plan to make a patch loom from MS2 to the engine's connector and use the OEM sensors.

More likely I will use a MS2 ecu for this application as it has built in MAP sensor and other advantages than Microsquirt I think.

Will read about DIY to be informed anyway

Thanks again, Vassilis

welshpug

is the 5.1 ecu from the zx as well?

if so which engine?

Edited by welshpug

raider
is the 5.1 ecu from the zx as well?

if so which engine?

Sorry, thought it was clear; I have a Bosch MP5.2 ecu with 2 rows of pins (37 if I remember correctly).

Both engine XU10J4R and ecu probably from a 306 and will be fitted on a ZX.

welshpug

cool, here's a PDF of the ECU wiring from an RFV 306, 3 row ecu plug but only two used, Manual Transmission 1997 on. :huh:

rfv.pdf

Edited by welshpug

raider
cool, here's a PDF of the ECU wiring from an RFV 306, 3 row ecu plug but only two used, Manual Transmission 1997 on. :lol:

Cool indeed! That's great, seems like this is it.

Going to check my wiring according to this Autodata pdf file to verify the pin out.

Many thanks mate!

welshpug

it may be if its not a 1997 vehicle, but there shouldn't be any major changes as far as I can remember :lol:

raider
it may be if its not a 1997 vehicle, but there shouldn't be any major changes as far as I can remember :)

Hi again, seems like I cannot completely figure out the components on 3rd page of the pdf as the quality is very low and letter/number cannot be entirely identified. :huh:

Could you possibly upload it in another more clear format?

Many thanks! :)

welshpug

I can't do much better I'm afraid, try this JPEG

post-8656-1268746516_thumb.jpg

raider
I can't do much better I'm afraid, try this JPEG

This is perfect! Thanks mate! :huh: