• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest steveontwin40s

Help Needed Please

Guest steveontwin40s

Hi, im putting the inlet manifold on my 1991 1.6 after having carbs and i can't find the pipes that should go on the bottem on the throttle body/manifold, iv got 2 larger connections in a sorta V then a small one next to the others?

Any ideas what these outlet or inlets connect too??

Thanks!

Steve!

Edited by steveontwin40s

DrSarty

Have a look at a couple of things in my first post in this thread.

Try downloading the >91 PDF for your 1.6 and looking at the throttle body (which is called an 'intake case' for some silly reason) which will appear in the inlet, oil and cooling sections and see what pipes go where.

This document and also the link near the top in that other thread are invaluable resources for you to check. You will often be able to answer your questions yourself, rather than waiting for a reply on here. You'll learn alot about the XU family of engines too which will help you again in future.

:D

Edited by DrSarty

Grim.Badger

I think it links to the dizzy via a tiny pipe, although some TB's have a redundant connection so if you have already connected up the dizzy vacuum pipe then don't worry about it.

Sign in to follow this