• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
badj

Insurers For Modifications....

badj

Hi all,

Looking to get insurance on the beast at the moment and I'm hitting a brick wall so to speak.

Basically at the moment I'm looking at insurance for a reasonably standard 1.1 with only the pepperpots and a bit of stripped out interior as the modifications, but at some point in the next few months I'll be converting to a 1.6 8v.

As a result, could do with going with a company who aren't going to have an sad on when I change the engine.

I know theres plenty, if not the majority, on here with 'non standard' conversions, and I'm assuming your all honest with the insurance people, so was looking for advice on who you've had good quotes off.

Already rang HIC and they've quoted a bit high for the car 'as is' at the moment (in excess of £400 - considering im 25 with 5 years NCB and live in a quiet area).

Any advice? Read on a random google search that tesco are good with engine swaps but on their online form they don't even ask about mods which can't be a good sign..

kyepan

have a look at the sticky in group buys.

badj

I have done, but doesnt seem to be any engine swap related insurance things, i'll double check tho...

large
link best I can do sorry.

Pugnut

i struggled at renewal last week, since i owned up with elephant on a few mods.

performance direct were one of the few companies to entertain me .

SP30's with a superchip isn't the best combo when it comes to insurance :lol:

badj

Gone with Flux in the end.

Spoke to a fella there who was pretty helpful and have got a pretty good deal on cover and not just on the price to be fair. Main concern was the engine change I'm planning but got given an estimate (will change based on when I get round to it) but it was hardly any extra so I'm quite happy about that.

:lol: