• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
reno9

Baker Bm Gear Rods

reno9

Hey

I am looking for uprated gearrods for 205 1,6 gti and I found Baker BM ones but there are only 3 rods but car have 4 rods- can I leave one old rod then or I need to replace that other long one too witch is not in that complekt?

Other way is to go originl ones from Peugeot?

Any solutions?

Rein

welshpug

I guess your car is 1986 or earlier?

reno9

Car is 1984, is there any complication about that?

Rein

welshpug

Yes, the BBM kit is for cars after 1986,

yours I guess looks like this;

2F24A06A.gif

http://www.stuartmcguire.co.uk/pug/GB/205F/2/24A06A.HTM

All the linkages are the same apart from the missing #18, 2454 74 so the BBM kit should work fine.

I don't know any of the dimensions for this linkage as I've never seen a 1984 205 gti over here!

Edited by welshpug

reno9

Ok thanks a lot, then no.18 must come from Peugeot or can it transfer to newer modification like after 1986 without no.18 ?

Rein

welshpug

Yes, you could either get a new link #18, or change #5+11 for the later part (#1 below) which is one piece and doesn't use #18.

2F24A09A.gif

http://www.stuartmcguire.co.uk/pug/GB/205F/2/24A09A.HTM

that part (#18) is still listed on Servicebox for £10.39+vat, though I don't know how much that would be in your country, or how easy it would be to find the later part (2414 82) I wouldn't buy a new one, its £113 +vat :lol:

Edited by welshpug

Miles

Thats easy to do, Not wanting to steal sales or anything but any rod is easy to make up to suit, just get in touch with BBM

reno9

I didn't mention that car is left hand drive I see there is difference for newer model, part no. 2454 79 is for right hand drive and 2454 74 fot LHD.

Rein

Miles

As long as you have the centre to Centre measurement there is no problems to make one up

Sign in to follow this