• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
badj

Do Peugeot Stock 205 Wheel Bolts?

badj

As above, for alloys.

Got some different shanked peugeot radius head bolts, have put them on but a quick test drive shows that the rear wheels are making a very uncomfortable noise - some of the bolts where off a 205 so I'm thinking that the shank is too big for them to fit?

Anyone ever asked them or had a price?

welshpug

205 1.9 wheel bolts are the same as used on most 306's, and are about a fiver EACH!

you dont say what wheels and type of seat you need?

badj

sorry,

fitting smr 1.6gti pepperpots to a base model. can't see any contact or scrubbing on the back, so I'm just assuming its the bolts. Do all 306's have flat seats?? I've not notice before? :s

ORB

Just the 306's with Alloys, the steel wheeled cars have tapered necks on them.

I would go to a scrapper and find one with Alloys (D-Turbo) would be a good choice.

badj

nice one fella's.

I'll try and have a look tomorrow, I've had a few 306's in the past but never noticed the flat heads - will be spot on it the 306 ones fit.

welshpug

you ideally want 1.6 gti wheelbolts as the heads are much longer, have a look in the for sale section or put a wanted post up, younevr know what the hoarders/breakers have squirrelled away :)

Simes

I've got a few 1.9 and maybe 1.6 bolts kicking around.

pm me.

jord294

i've got loads of bolts here

lucky for you i'm local too :)

badj

You got a few going spare?

I've got 4 from a 1.6 which are fine, and about 7 from an XS which should be ok too. Its just the others from the 405 which are crap I think.

welshpug

the XS ones wont be right for a 1.6 alloy wheel, neither will the 405 ones unless they came from alloy wheels either.

badj

Both the XS and the 405 had alloys, but the 405 ones had a larger and longer shank

jord294
You got a few going spare?

I've got 4 from a 1.6 which are fine, and about 7 from an XS which should be ok too. Its just the others from the 405 which are crap I think.

got loads of bolts here

possibly 2 complete sets of 1.6 and god knows how many 1.9s

Paul_13

Sounds like you were using tapered (base model) wheel bolts on the gti alloys, this will most likely cause all sorts of wobbling!

badj

no, was just down to the 405 bolts I've found, as they have a large shank on them. I had too many on one of the back wheel (unshanked to shanked ratio that is).

Luckily enough I popped to the breakers in the morning and, I re-iterate luckily, some tart had fitted a 98 reg 406 saloon with 1.6 gti bolts - they were duly claimed and the noise seems to have gone.

Thanks for help though :rolleyes: