• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
quagmire

Getting Rid Of A Shell

quagmire

The final few bits are coming off my 1.6 breaker. Whats the best way of getting rid of the bare shell? Are there companies out there that will come and take it away?

swordfish210

Metal recycliers will take it away and if it's a bare shell you could get some cash for it, probably about £50.

jord294

if your lucky (like i am :) ), phone around local scrap merchants, and they might collect and still pay you for the shell

there's never much left of the cars i scrap, and on average, get about £50

quagmire

There will be nothing left at all on this so it will just be a static shell

Alastairh

Some bare shells i get rid of they often take them away for free within 12 hours and sort the DVLA paper work also.

Al

Tesstuff
Some bare shells i get rid of they often take them away for free within 12 hours and sort the DVLA paper work also.

Al

Yes they did that with mine, came quickly, took it for free, did the DVLA bit but paid me nothing. :)

rallysteve
Yes they did that with mine, came quickly, took it for free, did the DVLA bit but paid me nothing. ;)

Filled my shell up with all of the glass and interior bits i wanted rid of and local scrap yard picked it up 2hrs after i rang them for free, and would have done the paperwork if I could have found the V5 :)

Steve

boombang

My local free paper has about 20 adverts for car collection and a fair few state have hi-ab. Call one up, they collect and you're done. Generally these days you won't have to pay and may get a few quid for it.

Shell doesn't weigh massive amounts, so can always get a few mates round to drag it to roadside for them to lift.

That's assuming few things:

1. You got local free paper. If not can always look on google or yellow pages

2. You have mates to give you a hand with it. If not sure that the scrap lot can help you out, perhaps then giving you nothing from the shell.

Tom Fenton

What is the condition of the shell, and does it have a sunroof? Usually there are people with half an eye out for a spare/project shell.

Simes

I had my written off one taken away for free.

The scrap dealer was gutted as I'd pretty much removed everything.

Baz

Yep, free removal here too, my guy takes them for free, used to pay me but tbh i really don't mind as long as he takes them when i want. He's generally a nice guy, gives me anything i want he doesn't want, tyres, scraps of metal for welding, etc etc, aswel as pointers to anything he finds that may be interesting to me, as do i for him, etc always has a good story to tell and even gives me a hand if i'm running late or he's early!

He'll even pick up cars and bring them to me!

A good scrap man is worth his weight in gold! :)

Edited by Baz

pugpete1108

gutted all of my local ones want to charge me for taking away this 405 shell B)

if i could get it to the scrapper they would weight it in but if they have to come get it they wil charge me 20 notes.