• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Pugnut

205 Van Roofskin

Pugnut

right, about time i got stuck into the old pug. want rid of the sunroof and i've possibly found a vgc 3 dr roofskin, but its on a van. Its been ages since i've done anything 205 and i've got to admit i've forgotten so much about these things. would a van roofskin fit a gti. i'm thinking about the top of the rear quarters?

are van fundamentally different in this area?

cheers, Al

Leet205

no, same roof skin :rolleyes:

rallysteve
right, about time i got stuck into the old pug. want rid of the sunroof and i've possibly found a vgc 3 dr roofskin, but its on a van. Its been ages since i've done anything 205 and i've got to admit i've forgotten so much about these things. would a van roofskin fit a gti. i'm thinking about the top of the rear quarters?

are van fundamentally different in this area?

cheers, Al

Sadly I think a van roofskin is different, seem to remember they are a slightly different shape and have strengthening ridges running front to back. Servicebox shows different roof for 3dr/5dr and van.

Steve

woo83

I'm not 100% on how the rear panel window is fixed in, but your going to have to pick all the spot welds apart anyway so the possibility of a drilling a few more doesnt seem so bad. :rolleyes:

Edited by woo83

Pugnut

cheers, i've got the choice of two. a 3rd car with a small ammount of corrosion in the corner next to the passenger a pillar and a minty van roof.

i totally forgot about servicebox. gotta go for a look me thinks!

Pugnut

0000000019_2.jpg

i guess it depends where the seam is ? is it where the coachline is, you know the one that cracks, or is it down on the window frame?