• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
littlelise

New Car!

littlelise

Today my lovely Josh (lemming) kindly drove me up to Ipswich in the GTi to go look at a 309 Goodwood, I think we both knew when we saw it we were going to buy it :D

The bodywork looks lovely, it's got 140k on the clock but the engine sounds and runs (and idles!) lovely, pulls well, tiny bit of smoke on cold-start and sometimes when letting off the throttle (?), no visible dripping of oil or water so I either emptied it on the way home, or it's not leaking much (but it's a Peugeot so I'm not naive enought to think it's not leaking :D), umm it's got a single wiper conversion which looks lovely, not sure how effective it is though, seems slow... heater works (and doesn't squeak!!!), not much rust on the car, bit crumbly in 2 places which i will photograph in daylight but they're not visible from outside the car so they're fine... (I know i know) :P Sunroof works and seals, boot floor mildly damp and a couple of patches of surface rust but all looks treatable. Original wheels refurbed (polished), lowered (too much), cat 1 toad alarm with unnecessary flashy lights, original steering wheel & gearknob not present but very nice momo replacements which match, and suit the car. Had lots of maintenance done on it in the last year - new brakes, cambelt, exhaust, tyres, etc.

Novel over, here's the photos from Pistonheads:

1519279-1.jpg1519279-3.jpg

And the new motor taking a breather with Josh's 205 after a long drive home :D

23537_10150126307350626_742965625_11539629_2535087_n.jpg

:mellow:

Edited by littlelise

Baz

Woop!! You got one!! :D Looks good, just needs OE Rims though now :mellow:

Anthony

Glad that you managed to find one in the end :D

Guess I'll be seeing it on Friday when you come down with Josh to drop his car off, assuming that you'll not be trying to get the shiny rebuilt beam off him for yours now :mellow:

littlelise
assuming that you'll not be trying to get the shiny rebuilt beam off him for yours now :mellow:

:D:P

The seller claims he's had a rebuilt beam put on it last year (I knew there was more I hadn't listed!), but it could do with raising a notch on the back... whistling.gif

Edited by littlelise

ORB

I VERY like that lots please!

Hmm, I would be searching Ebay for original Wheel and Knob though. Not my cup of Cocoa.

Also, I would have wheels redone to standard.

Looks VERY nice condition wise!

littlelise

There is some hidden rust which I shall be posting photos of and no doubt panicking about, but it is in lovely condition :wub:

I didn't even notice until I actually got in it that the wheel and gearknob weren't standard :lol: I like the ones which are there and they're like new, so I'll probably leave them :)

Wheels are recently refurbed and very very shiny when clean so I'm also going to leave them for now, if they need a refurb again at some point I will have them restored to standard though :)

The things I want to do very soon are: raise the back, then possibly the front (see how it looks), investigate/treat the dreaded tinworm, and I suspect almost daily washes to keep it looking shiny :ph34r:

Baz

The wheel is original! (How cracked is it?? :lol:)

It's just the gearknob that isn't!

littlelise

Fair enough, didn't realise the original wheels were momo! It's not cracked at all, it's like new, which is why I assumed it was replaced with the gearknob :lol:

badj

either this google image is the same car, or it has a suspiciously similar gearknob as well as the wheel....

228052984_7d85dcd265.jpg

lemmingzappa

I don't think that's the same car. Few things look different unless it's an old pic.

Baz

They're just standard wheel and gearknob...

littlelise

My gear knob says MOMO in big letters on the top and is hollow through the middle, it's not standard. Last one i looked at had the standard one, wasn't hollow :lol: And the seller said he bought it last year because the one on the car was broken

Edited by littlelise

Baz

Standard wheel & gearknob;

DSC00534.jpg

littlelise

Wheel looks the same, though the wood seems a different colour on mine. Gear knob definitely different. Phew, cleared that up! :lol:

Edited by littlelise

lloydgti

whats the track on the background of the centre cap in the steering wheel?

hexhamstu
whats the track on the background of the centre cap in the steering wheel?

...........goodwood.

lloydgti
...........goodwood.

awwww, sound like a prat now dont i :lol: cheers mate, at least i know now

jimistdt

Argh, my belly..sorry that made me laugh. That was longwinded, there should be an acronym for it. :lol:

And the car looks very nice as well littlelise, I've not seen one for about 14 years or so a lad at work had one. :ph34r:

Edited by jimistdt

littlelise

Went to work early today so I could take some photos outside... The camera was dead :wacko:

So I have taken a load of photos with my phone (crap quality ahoy!!) which I'll post up tonight :)

littlelise

Photos are pretty typical phone quality, sun didn't help, but uploading atm will post up shortly ...

littlelise

Terrible phone pics as the camera was dead, but I had to get photos before I got it dirty! :lol:

The whole car :wub:

P080310_08150002.jpg

P080310_08160001.jpg<-- I'm not that tall :P

P080310_08160002.jpg

Bit low!! :blink:

P080310_08070001.jpg

P080310_08070002.jpg

Interior (apologies for quality)

P080310_08030001.jpg

P080310_08040001.jpg

RUST :( :( :(

P080310_08040003.jpg

P080310_08140004.jpg

Plans so far:

• Raise the back a bit, probably the front too
    Fit a high level brake light (already bought)
    Get that rust checked out :P
    Get exhaust looked at too, it's apparently new but it's definitely blowing :P

littlelise

Well... It's in the garage already :) haha

evskigti6

mmmm goodwood, lovely car! is that frost or faded paint on the roof and spoiler???

littlelise
mmmm goodwood, lovely car! is that frost or faded paint on the roof and spoiler???

Ha, frost, should have waited til the next day when it wasn't as cold in the morning, I'm impatient :P It has a big sunroof a-la 205 stylee under all that ice! After t'other half has had his rear beam done we are going to try and get a good collection of decent photos of both cars :D

that rot dont look too nice.

No it doesn't :( The guys who are looking at the brakes tomorrow are going to look over the car as a whole as well so hopefully can come back with am opinion on how bad it is - they're pretty honest (and good with older cars) so fingers crossed :D

Edited by littlelise