• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Tangy7

Removing Phase 1 Wing Mirror And Rear Lights?

Tangy7

Anyone got any pointers? Wing mirror looks umm less than obvious, do I have to prise the ring off?

I'm guessing the rear lights have the two screws at the front and then another hidden as I can't see it.

EdCherry

If you want to sell the mirrors pm me :lol:

Anthony

Rear lights are secured by a single nut behind the light

MerlinGTI

theres a 13mm (IIRC) nut holding the rear lamp units in. You access it from inside the boot. If you just want to change a bulb, undo the two screws on the outside of the lamp, the lens only will come off giving access to the bulbs.

Wing mirror (Ph1.5/2 dunno if ph 1 is different) comes off by removing the inner trim that goes round the adjuster leaver (be careful, tabs usually snap) giving access to 3x philips screws (again IIRC, its been a while)

Tangy7

oh dear god am i such a numpty. 306 and 106s are far more obvious lol!

I know there should be a retaining nut for the rear light but I see one in the boot but it is more bumper level (?)

There is a silver ring where the mirror adjuster is and seems to be clamping the trim down, unless that comes away with the plastic plate? will have to take a pic at some point.

pug_ham
I know there should be a retaining nut for the rear light but I see one in the boot but it is more bumper level (?)

Its a 10mm nut but you can't see it looking inside the boot.

Inside the aperture at the back of the light you can only just see the end of the threaded rod which comes out of the back if you look carefully, a deep reach socket is needed to get it undone.

Graham.