• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jean_quemener

Bx 16v Dial In 205

Jean_quemener

Hi just toying with the idea and didnt want to go buy one on fly bay with out seeing what the difference was in the car anyonehave a pic of one in there car.

thanks jean.

Jean_quemener

spot on, massive improvment

thanks

laser_GTI

i have one too, lights up in green.

Ben_M

I got mine some time ago now, and replaced all the bulbs. looks really good lit up nice upgrade.

fatony1

I bought one off ebay the other week, it turned up on Saturday ;) Are they a direct replacement? Is there anything at all i have to change or is it just a case of remove and replace?

Daviewonder
I bought one off ebay the other week, it turned up on Saturday ;) Are they a direct replacement? Is there anything at all i have to change or is it just a case of remove and replace?

Did you pay £46 + p+p by any chance?

fatony1

Indeed i did, was i done over? I thought it seemed like a good price? :mellow:

Daviewonder

I was the guy that bid £45 for them :mellow:

Baz
:D Mugs! :mellow::P

Jrod

If they are the ones I think they were from sonofsam on here, I actually gave them to him for free. :mellow:

Alastairh

Small world! I have a set ending on ebay tomorrow. I also recently gave a set to James on here!

Al

Daviewonder

It is a small world, im watching yours on eBay at the moment :mellow:

Baz

Me too! :mellow:

Alastairh

Lol. I'm sure i have another set in the shed also...

Daviewonder
Lol. I'm sure i have another set in the shed also...

Let know if you do mate please :mellow:

omega

is the only reason for fitting these that the dials have numbers on?

Daviewonder
is the only reason for fitting these that the dials have numbers on?

No, they light up green and the oil pressure gauge doubles up as an oil level gauge when the engines not running :mellow:

pug_ham
No, they light up green and the oil pressure gauge doubles up as an oil level gauge when the engines not running :wacko:

Not on the 205 GTI engine because very few have this sensor & wiring fitted because it was so inaccurate.

Infact if you leave the extra box on the back of the clocks when you fit them into your 205, does the oil pressure guage doesn't work?

I used to have two sets of these clocks which I ripped apart for various bits, Henry Yorke got the panels off me to fit to his clocks but I don't know if he ever has done.

Graham.

Veero
I was the guy that bid £45 for them :lol:

Ha! I was watching them, something like 5 minutes before the end they were on £9 so I thought worth a pop. Went to bid and they had shot up to £45. No way José! Was just hoping to save me the hassle of dismantling a nearby BX but buggered if I'll pay nearly £50 for em... :)

mhyphenl

Sorry to hijak but I have a sensor at the rear of my block, looks like its pointing down into the sump. Is that this oil level sensor then? I take it the 205 dash can't deal with it then?

welshpug

some 205's did have them fitted so it could be that yes, can;t imagine it not working, I know that the S16 and GTi6, and the V6 all have different sensors but they all work with each other.

Edited by welshpug

mhyphenl
some 205's did have them fitted so it could be that yes, can;t imagine it not working, I know that the S16 and GTi6, and the V6 all have different sensors but they all work with each other.

There's nothing connected to it at the moment, its just a single spade though just like the other similar sensors, so connecting that should give me oil level. cool! now to find out what goes where electrically.

ade 4wd

The oil level sensor on the engine block should have two wires. On the BX clocks there is an extra module on the back with a three pin connector for the oil level. One pin connect to 12V, the other two connect to the sensor on the engine.

Ade,