• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kartman

205 Cti/cj Roof Fitting Problems.

kartman

Help!!!!

Trying to fit the new roof onto my 205 CJ. The roof came without instructions, and have been using the set I was sent by another member on here.

Problem I have hit is I cannot get the hockey stick sections at the rear of the hood to go into their 'pocket' - the pieces of metal are it appears just too long.

Is there a special trick to getting them in....such as heating up the vinyl? I have cut a hole for the bracket to come through....do I need to cut more away to allow the material to give more?

Thanks

Edited by kartman

PhilCTI
Help!!!!

Trying to fit the new roof onto my 205 CJ. The roof came without instructions, and have been using the set I was sent by another member on here.

Problem I have hit is I cannot get the hockey stick sections at the rear of the hood to go into their 'pocket' - the pieces of metal are it appears just too long.

Is there a special trick to getting them in....such as heating up the vinyl? I have cut a hole for the bracket to come through....do I need to cut more away to allow the material to give more?

Thanks

I'm just trying to remember when I fitted my roof (Good to see Verns roof instructions still doing the rounds!!) I think my metal pieces fitted straight in ok and I just glued them in place. Might be some roof manufacturers might make them slightly different, I think I would rather cut the metal to fit the pockets rather than cutting the material.

Edited by PhilCTI

kartman
I'm just trying to remember when I fitted my roof (Good to see Verns roof instructions still doing the rounds!!) I think my metal pieces fitted straight in ok and I just glued them in place. Might be some roof manufacturers might make them slightly different, I think I would rather cut the metal to fit the pockets rather than cutting the material.

Thanks for that....further investigation found it was the pocket was too small....one side fitted in really neatly, the other side was about 5mm shorter so would not fit. As you suggested I cut the metal down (at the back end not the front), playing with the material would just have ended in disaster.... :-(

vern

You have taken your time, I sent you the instructions ages ago :wub:

floodys

I remember fotting my new roof, thought it would take a couple of hours, ended up taking a day and a half, when i did it again when i managed to get a rare as second hand mint mo-hair roof, i changed the roof inc the frame!! about hour and a half!! a job i would never do again fitting a roof skin!!