• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Batfink

I Am A Car Killer

Batfink

Well after killing my BMW (which I am scrapping this weekend), I have been borrowing my Girlfriends 206

I've had to replace the dampers and today I went to sort a rear steer issue. MOT had apparently highlighted worn bushes, but it turns out that the bearings are screwed one side and I can move the trailing arm by hand

Thats two cars now in less than a month.

I have a month to wait before I get my replacement car so I think I might have to borrow one :D

Tom Fenton

From what I've seen it looks like 206 beams are turning into even more of an achilles heel than 205 ones. I've replaced a couple so far, on low-ish mileage 206 GTI's, and unlike the 205 beam, there doesn't seem to be an easy way to repair them either.

welshpug

Never seen one apart, but the diagrams seem to show that they're very close to a 106 beam, these seem to wear out far quicker as well.

oddly the 405, partner/berlingo, picasso etc have beams that look to be just a larger version, and seem to last decades.