• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
simsk

Mi16 Ht Lead?

simsk

Hello all,

Ive got an alloy mi16 engine in my 205 with a shortened inlet manifold. I was wondering where i should have the coil mounted because at the moment its on the bulkhead and for this reason i was wondering what HT lead i should use from the coil to the dizzy because i beleive that the original MI16 lead is quite short and it wouldnt reach :(

Also does anyone no where i can buy the hose(s) from the oil filler to the air intake from?

Cheers keir

Edited by simsk

mr_exe

I've bolted ours to the gearbox, using the standard length lead and used holes already in the gearbox casing. You could also fit it to the inner wing behind the battery but then you will need a longer lead.

As for the hoses the nice man at Peugeot should be your first port of call.

Edited by mr_exe

simsk
I've bolted ours to the gearbox, using the standard length lead and used holes already in the gearbox casing. You could also fit it to the inner wing behind the battery but then you will need a longer lead.

As for the hoses the nice man at Peugeot should be your first port of call.

i'll take a look at the gearbox tommorow, id like to leave it where it is but would like to know if its possible to get a longer lead? yeah if i have to i'll go to peugeot but was kinda hoping someone on here had some sat in there garage they dont need and would be up for selling them? lol. cheers tho mr exe i'll have a look at the gearbox mounting.

simsk

After my efforts of re-wiring the ignition loom etc... the car started to day!!!! :D buzzing. sounded pretty rough but has got fuel in it thats over a year old and also i havent fitted the surpressor from the coil to ground yet, would these affect how its running?

i cant see that the timing etc could have possibly changed as none of thats been touched. am i right in thinking this?

cheers keir :D