• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
danny56712

205 V6 Conversion

danny56712

hi im looking at options here for building my perfect 205 and i really like the idea of reliable power in a decent v6 conversion.

Now all i looking for lads is a list of all issues encountered and seen some lhd projects but what about rhd master cylinder and apparently there are diffs between engines so which one is best??

danny56712
hi im looking at options here for building my perfect 205 and i really like the idea of reliable power in a decent v6 conversion.

Now all i looking for lads is a list of all issues encountered and seen some lhd projects but what about rhd master cylinder and apparently there are diffs between engines so which one is best??

also i like to enquire is there any easy way to make a 205rwd using 405 stuff etc or a 4wd one

danny56712
also i like to enquire is there any easy way to make a 205rwd using 405 stuff etc or a 4wd one

thanks for reply but this guy is doing in a lhd so no issues with master cylinder etc

parts that worry me most is the clutch mechanism.

can i use original ecu?

subframe and hubs need modding...

mounts, can these be bought off someone?

maturin23

Hi Danny

Sounds lilke you're still at the early stages of planning the V6. Given you're asking questions that have already been discussed you've probably missed these threads that should help you a lot and save repetition.

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=93808

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...107666&st=0

For 4x4 info read these.

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...amp;mode=linear

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...amp;mode=linear

edited to add: the search tool on this site is pretty poor and will struggle with 'v6' and '4wd' - this Google site search for 4wd will help enormously. You'll waste hours :lol:

cheers

Ian

Edited by maturin23

Goliath
thanks for reply but this guy is doing in a lhd so no issues with master cylinder etc

parts that worry me most is the clutch mechanism.

can i use original ecu?

subframe and hubs need modding...

mounts, can these be bought off someone?

If its reliable power you are after then V6 is definitely the right way to go, the engines are virtually bullet proof.

The master cylinder is not really a problem, it took me a while to wiggle it about and find the best position for the engine but now its sorted and clears the master cylinder without any issues. You can't really see it in the photo but you get the idea, it's close but not too close!

DSC00083.jpg

If you are going to use standard management then you want to go for the earlier 3.0 24v engine as it has non-multiplexed wiring so it is easier to wire up and get working. The earlier engine is the ES9J4 with the engine code XFZ, the later engine has the code XFY.

If you are going for after market management then it will be just as easy to do either engine, the later one has more power and VVT but the earlier one has more torque and no VVT so a smoother power delivery.

You will need 1.9 hubs, they wont need modifying although the driveshafts will need shortening, you can use V6 driveshafts throughout but you will need to grind the ABS rings off the end of them for them to fit the hubs.

The subframe needs a lot of modifying, a fair amount needs to be cut out and welded back in about an inch further back. I thought I had a photo of mine but can't find it....

The Top mount is a custom jobbie, thirdtimelucky was selling some that he had made up but i'm not sure if he has any left. If not then I think I have a spare.

You will not be able to make it RWD or 4WD without adding a whole lot of cost and effort, tbh it's probably a bit too much to take on if you havent done many conversions before. A lot of it would have to be fabricated as the gearboxes aren't compatible with any others from the peugeot range so either a custom bell housing would have to be made up or some other arrangement thought up.

Let me know if you have any more questions, I will do my best to answer them!

EDIT: forgot to say about the clutch....

It's pretty easy to modify the whole clutch mechanism so you don't need to faf about with the awkward hydraulic stuff, that can all be binned and bypassed without much hassle and just use the normal 205 clutch cable. It's pretty hard to explain how it's done though so I will try and get some pictures while I do my latest one and post them up for you.

Edited by Goliath

Miles

I'll have to add the later engine even with Managment is a pain, Fuel rail's only have a inlet as the Fuel pump/OE ECU controls the fuel pressure and quite a few other minor issue's, Not impossible but add's a fair amount of time and money.

unariciflocos

I'd really appreciate a good res picture of the subframe as I have a lot of questions related to this.

Has anyone modified the lower mount?

How much lower does the sump sit compared to the subframe?

How did you go about mounting the steering rack back on? (Ofcourse this will be different for mine as mine's a LHD)

By how much do you have to shorten the V6 shafts?

Does the V6 have oil temp and pressure and coolant temp sensors and are they on the same scale as the 205 dash?

How's the handling like after the conversion, how does the suspension cope with the extra weight up front? What suspension setup (front and back) should I go for?

My exhaust is 56 mm id ~2.25 inches, will this flow enough or is it a restriction for the V6?

Thanks in advance,

Andrei

danny56712

Yes my remaining issues now would be handling.. and id like peoples opinions who have tried the conversion

then the subframe really need a lot more detail on this as regards the engine mount and steering rack and wishbone points????

Also is exhaust manifold causing anyhassle

and can you give more info on the clutch system and gear linkages..

cheers mate