• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
aymen_a22

Wheel Arches Help Please

aymen_a22

Hi,

I have a 205 XS and she has 1.9 GTi alloys her however as most of you know, anymore than a person in the back causes it to rub quite badly.

Other than getting a GTi rear beam is there anything i can do? Also does anyone know where it actually rubs, as I have heard it is the inner arch however clearance is very close on the outer arch and on the rear bumper.

Also I am having a slight problem with my steering, there seems to be a little bit of play in the steering wheel with no road wheel movement, could it be time for new track rod ends, or is it a rack?

Hope you can help.

Thanks very much

M_R_205

The w heels will be rubbing on the outer arch, a gti beam will probably make things worse as they have a slightly wider track, Easiest way to fix the problem would be raise the car, fit thinner tyres, or modify the arch...

As for the steering, check all the UJ`s in the steering column, (1 under dash 1 just above rack) make sure the steering wheel is tight, then check TRE, if there all fine its most likely the rack, also make sure its not lose on the sub frame.

Hope this helps

Paul.

PS, there is a lot of search nazis on here so id recomend searching firs, the function is a bit poor but the answers are normally all there, Welcome to the forum :)

yippeekayay

yeah paul is right you need to modify the rear arches or fitting a gti beam will make it worse, its a pain the ass and better done right as it wont take long for the tin worm to get in if done wrong...

Henry Yorke

14inch DTurbo alloys fit a treat and you can drop it as much as you want at the back. Likewise with 1.6 wheels as the offset is shallower

aymen_a22

Thanks for all the help, I don't really want to change my wheels as I do like the look of the 1.9 alloys on the little XS. I think the only way is going to be to roll the arches.

Thanks again