• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Luca20516VT

205 Gti T16 Is Done!

Luca20516VT

Hi everyone, after some long months and lots and lots of work put into my project the conversion is now done!! Did the conversion all by myself form electrical (haltech ECU) to hoses and mechanicals. Obviously this couldnt be possible without my aussiefrogs mates and three big figues... Magic and my mechanic Mark who helped my and guided me thru this journey and Paul my next door neighbour for the excellent paint job in the engine bay!!

I have had the car running and driving now for a couple of weeks and its just absolutely awsome... Since the tune on the ECU has not yet been done im running the engine at 0.5 Bar max boost for safety and its incredibly quick and responsive so i cannot even imagine how well it will go at 1.5 bar boost! What a truly awsome engine!! Also due to the fact that i am running a GTi6 gearbox.

Here are a few pics of the converison in short, if more are wanted let me know.

ps: do T16 have hydraulic lifters or solid lifters from factory? This engine was rebuilt by ecosse so what would they have put in it?

13062009021.jpg

14062009564.jpg

01052009493.jpg

04072009621.jpg

18072009654.jpg

08082009690.jpg

19122009374.jpg

19022010460.jpg

18102008086.jpg

Sorry for the many pics!

Atari Boy

Hot dam! Great pics, we would love to see some more please.

24seven
Sorry for the many pics!

Don't be, post more! :)

Ludi

I like that engine!!!!!! B)

It looks fabulous.Very nice done.Please make some video with revving. :ph34r:

MrG

looks fab mate, well done.

BusEngineer

Looks stunning, a real credit to you :ph34r:

rescue dude

Oh Mommy !!!! :ph34r:

taylorspug

Alastairs old engine yes? Looks nice, the car is mint by the looks of it!

Anthony

I love the fact that it looks almost standard with the bonnet closed :ph34r:

lemmingzappa

Nice, need some videos now !

denva2682

That is sweeeet. Powerful lump, standard exterior. Nice.

Alastairh

My old baby!

I am really chuffed for you to see it all up and running in a 205 where it belongs! How about treating us all with some videos?

I still miss that engine, one day...

Al

Baz

Awesome! Good work! :ph34r:

Richie

Wicked, must be awesome, best colour too. :ph34r:

DrSarty

Turbo toight..like a turbo toiger.

Ludi

Can someone tell me about that engine?Spec,where from....

I like it,A LOT. :ph34r:

Baz

2.0 iron block turbo, from 405 T16. XU10J4TE

Ludi

Thanks Baz. :ph34r:

That was fast. B)

MerlinGTI

Yummy :)

Where did you get that shizzle you applied to the bulkhead, how was it attached, and how much does it cost ? (the heat resistant stuff)

Cheers

j_turnell

Nice to see the engine went to a good home! Car looks lovely and a very tidy install too! Some vids would be good....... :)

chocolate_o_brian

1.5 bar boost... feck! What power will she be running then... at well under a ton too :);):wacko:

Henry Yorke

If it has Haltech, you can tell Magic has been involved!

The engine was on the rolling road in this video:

Luca20516VT

Wow thats for the comments everyone, im glad my work passed the test.... lol i put all my love into this!! lol

I have a few videos and one with revving and boost but i havent videoed the car while driving because it still needs to go on the dyno for proper tuning. This is happening on monday, when i get it back i will take a nice video!

I will upload later the revving video and the first carpark drive video. As you would imagin i have a humangus amount of photos i tool throughout the conversion so let me know what kind of pictures you wanna see otherwise you could also check the whole story on here

now to answer a few questions, the Engine came from a mate of mine here in australia that had originally bought it off alister. Its a 2L XU10j4TE, pug 405 T16 engine. It is running the original manifolds (slight modification to inlet) and turbo and is stock inside i believe. This was rebuilt by Ecosse but i dont know what was done to it. Im due to find out! lol

The heatshield on the firewall was bought from an exhaust shop althou i guess you can get it anywhere, its just 5 or more aluminium foils piled up one over the other with air gaps and bubbles inbetween. I then cut it to length and contoured the perimeter to suit the shape of the firewall, when that was spot on i got a cloth, rolled it into a bun and pressed on the shield to countour it to the surface of the firewall... this along with the tight fit is nearly enough to hold it on the firewall hence i got away with using any glue, it is mainly only secured by the little exhaust heatshield you see just above the steering rack in the centre of the engine bay (the 2 bolt go thru the custom heatshield.

Boost pressure is well handled by this motor so the tune will run a max of 1.5 bar. (althou apparently even 2 bar is ok althou probabbly not all the time) The haltech has an external trim option where with a knob i can change the max boost from say 0.8 bar(normal driving) to 1.5 Bar( max boost) SO this will help with keeping the power down for drivability.

im happy to show specific processes or photos for anyone that is interested.

thanks for the comments again i will be uploading some vids tonight!