• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ebrett

Temperature Gauge Broken

Guest ebrett

Have a 205 D-Turbo and the temperature gauge has decided to pack up. The fuel guage is also intermittent.

During pre-heat the guage emits the warning light, but no movement on the needle at all.

Tried shorting the wire to the block and still nothing.

Decided to take the clocks out today and have a look and found this...

25033_10150114458930156_651260155_11434271_2656673_n.jpg

25033_10150114458915156_651260155_11434270_6129771_n.jpg

No idea what size this resistor is or even if this is the problem. Would a guage use a resistor does anyone know?

Thanks

lemmingzappa

I've seen people use resistors in that area when doing GTi-6 conversions (I think). Something to do with the tachometer.

Guest ebrett

Could be do with the tachometer. Unfortunately the crank sensor is duff, so that doesn't work either.

Tonight I applied power directly to the contacts on the back of the gauge and it worked fine. Needle went to maxium like you would expect.

Checked continuity from the wire in the engine bay(sender) to the multipin plugs and theres continuity to one wire, so that should rule out any shorting.

Although the colour changed from Red in the engine bay to Light Blue at the clocks.

Now i'm stuck, no idea what to try next other than replace the resistor. Trouble is I can't read all the rings :(

All I can read is GREY, BROWN, SOMETHING, GOLD. It's quite big too.

Edited by ebrett