• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
quagmire

Weird Central Locking Problem

quagmire

I have an odd central locking problem that someone may be able to help with. When I lock the car with the fob both doors lock but when I press it again only the drivers side unlocks and it does the same using the key. Any ideas?

Henry Yorke

Sounds like the passenger door solinoid may be on the way out. Does it do the same when you sit in the car and push down the drivers door lock knob?

quagmire
Sounds like the passenger door solinoid may be on the way out. Does it do the same when you sit in the car and push down the drivers door lock knob?

Yep

quagmire

Yep

JonnyP

I had a similar problem with mine but it was the opposite to yours. It opened all doors on the central locking but only locked the drivers door. I tried replacing the master motor on the drivers door and when that didnt work, I replaced the passenger door motor. Nothing seemed to work, so I went to maplin and bought a central locking kit for £25, it has four motors (its meant for a four door car) and a wiring loom. I basically used part of the loom and the control unit with the existing wires that ran from the doors :P . Now it all works. It seems that the old control unit (mine was near the ecu) had packed in. You could try replacing yours with one from a scrappy. Hope this helps,

Jon