• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest craigevs

205 Engine Swap

Guest craigevs

Hi guys, Does the xsara vts engine fit into this car? Also does it require alot of cutting/chopping?

Or is there any better engine out there that will fit?

many thanks craig :)

DrSarty
Hi guys, Does the xsara vts engine fit into this car? Also does it require alot of cutting/chopping?

Or is there any better engine out there that will fit?

many thanks craig :)

?

You've just started a topic on this subject Craig. Don't go bonkers matey.

Daviewonder

It goes in quite easily and I believe theres a guy called spikey on here who makes the wiring looms to make it even easier, theres loads of threads involving this in the projects section mate :)

chrisj21

Yes as said fits a treat. You need to cut and re-angle the exhaust to clear the bulkhead or alternativly Miles sells a conversion manifold.

Theres the wiring to join to the exsisting loom and a few other bits and bobs.

As said plenty of topics on this including my own so have a good look through the project sections. If you need any help give me a pm.

Good luck :)

Galifrey

Just read any thread that discusses GTI-6 engine swap, as essentially they are the same, but the Xsara has a more suitable gearbox

<_<

harryskid

Sorry to butt in but can you tell me is this a good conversion for motor sport? What size engine and how much bhp ? :) :)

Cheers

Harryskid

pug_ham
Sorry to butt in but can you tell me is this a good conversion for motor sport? What size engine and how much bhp ? :) :)

Cheers

Harryskid

Same engine as the 306 GTI-6, 1998cc 16v with ~167bhp.

Depends what motorsport you want to use it for but more & more people I speak to prefer the alloy Mi16 over a GTI-6 engine in a 205 GTI.

Graham.

harryskid
Same engine as the 306 GTI-6, 1998cc 16v with ~167bhp.

Depends what motorsport you want to use it for but more & more people I speak to prefer the alloy Mi16 over a GTI-6 engine in a 205 GTI.

Graham.

Thanks Graham it was for rallying. My 8 valve getting a bit tired and i don't know if i should get another 1900 8 valve or go for a twin cam. Now you've explained if i did go the twin cam route i would definitly prefer the alloy block as to the iron one

Harryskid

Sign in to follow this