• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Colin45

Air Flow Meter

Guest Colin45

Hello,

I am experiencing eratic idle, reduced power and kangarooing at low revs.

I'm pretty sure its the air flow meter, looking at Autofives website they want £170 for a new one plus VAT which I am not prepared to pay.

On ebay they have these things 'AIRFLOW METER CHIPPED PEUGEOT 106 205 206 306 GTI SXI X' as per this link;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AIRFLOW-METER-CHIPPE...=item2eab4a88cc

Has anybody tried one of these and if so do they work or are they as i think and load of rubbish.

Does anyone know where to get a new AFM at a realistic price.

Thanks

Colin

Veero

That link there is for some crappy resistor which will make your car overfuel, the auction IS NOT for an air flow meter.

Good ones are hard to find these days, I know a company called ATP Electronics refurbs them, as to exactly what they do I don't know but re-tracking the AFMs can have good results on occasion. there is a guide on the main page of a site.

I very much doubt you can get actual new never used AFMs anymore. Doubt the one off Autofive is a genuine Bosch one if it is new.

Rule of thumb on eBay, if someone promises 20bhp improvement from a £5.99 resistor 'chip' or 'mod' or whatever then it's a load of bulls*it.

Guest Colin45
How do you know it's the AFM at fault?

Have you tested it?

http://www.205gtidrivers.com/articles/e3-injection.html

Hi,

I haven't tested the afm as I don't know how to, I have read the article but don't get it.

Firstly by resistance do I assume a voltmeter would be used?. Secondly, I assume I test it with the ignition on but not running?

Colin

maturin23

Easiest test is just to swap it out with one that's known to work - bound to be someone local on here who can help out.

Miles

As said the Ebay thing's are not worth ****** on, It's a resistor in a box worth around 2p.

£170.00 for a recon AFM is not bad but I would think going direct to ATP would be cheaper as they are the only people I know that do them, A new one is over twice that

Sign in to follow this