• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Colin45

Rear Beam

RGT100
GSF dont do a "kit" but they do sell the bearings.

the kit is £20 from peugeot per side, 5132 62

Will that come with

1 x Outer bearings

1 x Inner bearings

1 x Shaft seals

1 x Shaft seal cups

1 x Shaft sleeves

1 x Anti roll bar seals

1 x Torsion bar bolts

welshpug

no :) 2 bearings and one shaft seal and a plastic ring I haven't a clue what its purpose is, exactly what Jimi was selling.

RGT100

what is all the other stuff for is that not needed?

I was thinking about just buying the bearings for £5 each but if do not replace the seal and plastic ring how long is it likely to last ?

Also if i bouught the bearings on there own from gsf can i buy the plasic ring and seals seperate?

Wich is the most important seal the shaft seals or ARB seal i watched a guide on youtube nd he said that the ARb seal was poor and it will evenually lead to bearing failure as moisutre can get in

welshpug

The other parts are only required if your original parts are butchered in the dismantling process, or you want to make it all shiny, its rare that they're all beyond use due to corrosion.

I would definitely fit a new shaft seal at the very least, ARB seal depends on its condition but for the 88p they cost its worth just sticking a pair on regardless, yes you can get them separately, there's a few topics detaining the part numbers of the individual parts including a pinned topic IIRC.

The condition and clearance to the main shaft seal is the most important one, water can get directly into the outer bearing if this isn't correct.

RGT100

This is a night mare i just rung peugeot with 5132 62 part number they say it dosn't exsist

They searched 306 309 and a 205 still no luck

RGT100

Finally 3 Dealers later they matched the part number £18+vat

Thanks Every one who helped

Hope i get the Bearing with 45 rollers

welshpug

they'd have found it straight away under the Phase 2 306, or straight away on the price/stock files :)

RGT100

peugeot are a waste of time a 10 years back my dad had 405TD estate it conked out and refuse to start Right outside the peugeot main garage

He asked if some one could help push they said go talk to reception and book it and left me an my dad to struggle to push it out the way of cars we were blocking I was about 11 then so i wasn't much help

My dad got it out the way and after he was left to struggle while they watched he refused to pay peugeot prices and called a mobile mechanic

I ring them up 10 Years later and the carn't even find there own part with there part number Joke

St peters Worcester peugeot

Edited by RGT100

jord294
This is a night mare i just rung peugeot with 5132 62 part number they say it dosn't exsist

They searched 306 309 and a 205 still no luck

i've just ordered a few of these kits today.

i'm getting them cheaper as i'm in no real rush for them, but should still have them by friday :ph34r:B)

RGT100

Right I am Looking for ARB seal are they sided as i have looked in rear beam part numbers and from what i can gather the ARB Seal is called the Crossmember seal the only problem is it list 2

517403 Crossmember seal

515410 Crossmember seal

wich one is it or is it both?

jord294
Right I am Looking for ARB seal are they sided as i have looked in rear beam part numbers and from what i can gather the ARB Seal is called the Crossmember seal the only problem is it list 2

517403 Crossmember seal

515410 Crossmember seal

wich one is it or is it both?

5174.03 is a fibre ring that sits on the arb end cap (come in packs of 5)

and

5154.10 is more a metal sleeve that sits over the end of the beam tube and the main seal sits inside

RGT100

so both of the together seal the arb so i need 2 of each

pug_ham
so both of the together seal the arb so i need 2 of each

No, the fibre seal (5174.03) has one each side behind the arb end plate

This topic shows all the part numbers you need with pictures to identify them.

Graham.

RGT100

I emailed Sel imperial before i ordered my from my local dealer asking for 5132.62 x2 for the 306

Right i have just got this email from sel imperial

Dear Mr Rouse

hi unfortunatly the kit is not applicable to your vehicle the items required are 8 seperate seals and bearings which consist of X2 513145 513249 515408 515410 and are priced at £40.60 with delivery at £14.95 both prices are plus VAT with a total charge including VAT £65.27

Yours sincerely

Jay

SEL IMPERIAL

01302 304000

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: 04 March 2010 20:34

To: sel.imperial@peugeotmail.co.uk <sel.imperial@peugeotmail.co.uk>

Subject: Re: Dealer Reply #01321590012676442232120255383:

Hi Yes that kit 5132.62 should contain

1x 5131.45 Bearing

1x 5132.49 Bearing

1x 5154.08 Suspension Arm Seal

just to renew the trailing bearing and then seal it

If i am right how much is 2x 5132.62+ delivery

----- Original Message -----

To: kaine Rouse

Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2010 11:47 AM

Subject: Dealer Reply #01321590012676442232120255383:

SEL IMPERIAL

As stated in the previous email under the specifications of your vehicle this wheel bearing kit is not applicable

we could supply the parts by all means but if they were found not to fit we would not be able to accept return of the parts as they are specially ordered and not for the vehicle in question

the kits are priced at £14.53 each + vat

also postage at £14.95 + vat

total £51.71 inc vat and postage

Shall i order these anyway as from what is said on here they will fit or is some thing different on the 306

welshpug

they are the same bearings and seal, it doesn't matter if they are not listed for a 205 :)

an example of it working the other way, peugeot do not list the trailing arm shaft separately for the 306, but they do for the 205 and 309, they are the same parts.

Anthony

I picked up a couple of pairs of the 5132 62 kits from Peugeot today - the outer bearing is the proper OE spec one, whereas the inner bearing is the inferior quality one.

The 5154 08 seal included is obvious, but does anyone know what the other part included is? It looks on the diagram to go around the trailing arm shaft and is certainly approximately the correct size, but I've never seen one on any 306 or Xsara beam that I've stripped so I'm a little bemused as to why it's included or even its purpose. Any ideas?

welshpug

Apart from possibly being there as a bush to take the extra weight I couldn't figure it out either, only used one set of these myself when I helped Boombang sort his rear beam, though do have a set for my brothers 306 as soon as it has a windscreen back in it.

RGT100

yes ok i will order them along with a few other parts had me worried for a second there

pug_ham
does anyone know what the other part included is? It looks on the diagram to go around the trailing arm shaft and is certainly approximately the correct size, but I've never seen one on any 306 or Xsara beam that I've stripped so I'm a little bemused as to why it's included or even its purpose. Any ideas?

Picture please? Service box isn't working atm. :wacko:

Graham.

Anthony

I don't have a picture to hand, but I'll get one next time I buy one of the kits.

Having now put a beam together with the 306 bearing kit, I'm pretty sure that the part in question is an additional grease seal that sits between the inner and outer bearings - certainly it is the correct size to fit in the tube and around the trailing arm shaft, but is far too soft in my opinion to possibly be any kind of support bush.