• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
custard-rallye

106 Gti Engine In Rallye

custard-rallye

hi as title says im tinking of doing this is the wiring a nightmare or easy enough what will i all need as i can get a loom with ecu and ignition barrel if i have to any help would be great cheers stefan

Edited by custard-rallye

Raunchz

Jackman on here is running a 16v TU5J4 engine in his Rallye - he fitted it himself so might be worth pm'ing him ?

RP1983

You would probably be better off with an unlocked ecu than bothering with transponders and immobilisers etc.

The wiring shouldnt really be that bad if you are handy with electrics. If you have a look on the 106 forum you should find some info on the wiring for the engine and everything for the 205 wiring can probably be found on here.

custard-rallye

im pretty useless with electrics :angry: thats the only bit i dont know about

RP1983

Even someone who isnt that competent or experienced with wiring should be able to do it with the relevant info which like I said if you have a good search about on both forums you should find the required info on the wiring.

You will basically have to adapt the 106 loom multi plug to match what you have on the brown plugs on the 205 which the pin identity for the 205 plugs can definitly be found on here.

You just need to go about it logically, step by step and it will be okay. Take your time and lable it all as you eliminate what wire goes where until you can put a loom together.

Dj_mini

Its been a wile since iv done a conversion (iv put a few in s1 106's) but irc it only takes 3 or 4 wires to make the engine run the rest are sensors stater triger ect. As said above you would be much better off unlocking the ecu before putting it in your car.

custard-rallye

if only you was closer would be handy to get a hand from sombody that has done it before i was going to put a xm turbo in it as a friend has done the conversion before but the hastle of getting a different subframe ect i thought it would be better to get a tu engine in

Jackman

My mate done all my work for me, he worked it all out through diagrams and using a power probe!

It took a while, but we got there in the end!

custard-rallye

want to send him up here to do mine lol

Jackman

I could ask him weather he could do it if you were to send your looms to him?

custard-rallye

if you want ask him and when i get looms sorted out i will send em if he is up for it