• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Saveit

Peugeot 106 Coilover Conversion - Not That Simple?

Saveit

Hi,

I was going to buy some GAZ coilovers for my 106 endurance racecar, but they informed me that i have to send them the whole front hubs (including some of the connecting peices) to do this conversion? Is that really what you guys are doing when converting to coilovers?

Postage will be quite expensive here from denmark to uk and back, så i would rather if there were any other good alternatives?

Stefan

burr_2000

Hi stefan i am not really understanding your question. was you gonna buy 205 gaz coilovers and fit them to your 106? :ph34r:

Saveit

Haha nope. I was going to buy 106 coilovers and fit them to my 106. But gaz tell me that i have to deliver my struts to them in order for them to machine the hubs and some other things to make coilovers possible.

custard-rallye

yeah thats right you will have to send the whole strut as they need modified

Batfink

Most are race focused so they weld in everything into the hub as its stronger and they often modify the hub to add a little camber, but AST are certainly one company that do an insert for their basic coilover unit. The AST coilovers are adjustable damping and height.

Kev

AlexB

gaz do a kit where it doesnt need welding (the GHA kit)

but the proper ones they will need your legs

the issue is that the hubs are part of the legs on a 106 (same as my saxo) and companies ont wanna be buying in struts to make kits that might not sell

my old h&rs came as entire struts but that kit i cant find for sale anymore

heres a few pics that might explain the issue like

Photo0192.jpg

Photo0118.jpg

see how its all just one peice

a few of us with the saxo/106 tend to make our own up

but the threads and pans off rallydesign weld them on get faulkner springs and either pugsport or billie group n dampers like

they work well enough and come out a tin bit cheaper than most kits but can spec sprige to what yo want like