• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
m@ttc

Xu9ja Exhaust

m@ttc

Hi there people can somebody help please? i've been putting the the m.o.t. off because my devil backbox is shot, i read on here that you cannot beat an oe exhaust, so i orderd a new backbox off pug which ive waited two weeks for it to arrive :lol: Thing is it didn't seem right, pt no. 172634, so i phoned them back up and they said i should have had this one pt no.172650. is this correct? dont want another wasted trip to pug.

Also to get the best out of a oe exhaust system do i need a middle oe pipe too? i have a stainless pipe on at the mo nothings wrong with it, but i will change it it's better to have oe.

my cars a 1.9 xu9ja 1991. Many thanks. mattc. :lol:

welshpug

looking at servicebox the second part number is correct;

1726 50 - EXCEPT XU9J1

and the later type centre section is welded to the downpipe which is;

1704 95 - EXHAUST FT PIPE

1726 34 is for an XU9J1 and XU9JAZ.

as for which downpipe to use, they do run very well as a standard engine on the original front sections, what is yours though?

m@ttc
looking at servicebox the second part number is correct;

1726 50 - EXCEPT XU9J1

and the later type centre section is welded to the downpipe which is;

1704 95 - EXHAUST FT PIPE

1726 34 is for an XU9J1 and XU9JAZ.

as for which downpipe to use, they do run very well as a standard engine on the original front sections, what is yours though?

Thank's welshpug, iv'e been and got a 1726 50 backbox and fitted it no problems, althou i could do with a new clamp. the guy behind the desk at pug said the only difference bettween the two was the amount the actual tail pipe bends, ones slightly bent towards the floor more? Anyway whilst i was under the car i had a look at the other sections, its a walker exhaust and its welded to the front section. what do you recon? are these any good, will i reep the same performance from the backbox with a walker? ;)

welshpug

they are a reasonable quality in my experience, though I'm unsure if it has the divider in the downpipe that aids the 8 valve engines, it effectively makes the exhaust into a 4-2-1 system with a fairly long secondary pipe length.

if there's noting wrong with it I would leave it as it is though.

Edited by welshpug

m@ttc
they are a reasonable quality in my experience, though I'm unsure if it has the divider in the downpipe that aids the 8 valve engines, it effectively makes the exhaust into a 4-2-1 system with a fairly long secondary pipe length.

if there's noting wrong with it I would leave it as it is though.

thanks mate :)

Sign in to follow this