• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chrisj21

Gti6 Timing Belt Kit?

marksorrento205

The pulleys look the same as the gen pug one :ph34r:

Miles

Which top pullies you got? I bet there are the centre nut type which are a pain comared to the 3 bolt locking type

marksorrento205
Which top pullies you got? I bet there are the centre nut type which are a pain comared to the 3 bolt locking type

Thats what threw me before. I thought he had undone the center one not the three. Then remembered they are different.

chrisj21

Yes single bolt jobbies

IMG00023-20100211-2110.jpg

Both nuts are loose but only the left pulley will move.

Edit: Thanks for sorting the lightened bottom pulley so quickly Miles, much appreciated.

Edited by chrisj21

marksorrento205

I have a small little puller that would pull that off a treat. If you wanna drive and get it :)

chrisj21

Ok mate, i'll just jump in the peddle car and i'll be with you next year :)

To be honest i haven't had a good go at getting it to move, if i can't budge it i may well be in touch.

welshpug

best bet is to take both the pulley and hub off together than separate them, clean off any corrosion and put a little oil on the surfaces so they slide a little easier.

CosKev
Chris I do believe the kiit GSF supply is an INA - Dayco one, so should be as close as you can get to a £95 kit from Peugeot.

Have to say I haven't bought that particular one as yet but will be in the next 2 weeks, I have used several of their kits for diesels, and an Mi16.

Well my cambelt kit arrived today.

The part number is N12980 - £48.90

The box is marked vetech, the belt is a dayco item.

Belt kit. 1 x belt, 1 x tensioner, 1 x pulley and 3 bolts and a washer.

All looks good qaulity so should be ok, certainly saved me £50 anyway.

Just for reference the tensioner is marked - INA F-122868

The pulley is marked - INA F-122124

:lol:

Ordered that part number and it arrived today,INA on box,Gates Power Grip belt,and SKF tensioner and roller :)

And 1 new bolt,the only 1 you need ;)

So GSF must use different suppliers I suppose,must be whoever offers them the best deal :)

chrisj21

Thats odd, i took the part number from the receipt and double checked with the site to before posting the number so it's definatly the one i ordered.

I got three bolts and non fitted :)

CosKev
Thats odd, i took the part number from the receipt and double checked with the site to before posting the number so it's definatly the one i ordered.

I got three bolts and non fitted :(

LOL :)

I got one bolt and that fitted the idler/roller :lol:

The tensioner/roller I took off mine were SKF too.

Both kits are good quality by the sounds of it,never used Dayco belt,but Gates Power grip are recommended by alot of people :)

If you buy a GRP A belt for a Cosworth you get a Gates Power grip belt in the box ;)

Sign in to follow this