• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dylan l

Ignition Map

Dylan l

Could someone put up a megasquirt ignition map for an 8v 1.6 gti, as I have a bit of knocking going on.

All I want to do is switch it off when I hear it and not work through as it will probably end in tears.

I have tried uploading the spark map but it will not allow me to do it,I think.

Are there any rolling road operators happy to tune megasquirt in the south Wales area?

Regards

Dylan

madspikes

You might want to check the trigger wheel settings as well... If you want me to have a look at your map, email me. I can't promise anything, but can I compare it to mine, which seem to be ok, with no knocking.

Also what fuel mixtures are you running? Not running it too lean are you?

I bought a "knock sense" module that connects to the MS and detects knock, and retards the ignition. The knock events appear in the data logs, and then can be found to adjust the map. I've found the module to work really well, some people have had issues.

What I found is that between 1500 to 3000 rpm on full load, (1 bar) you need very little advance, and even less on my charged system.

mad.

Dylan l

I think I know what I have done wrong.

I am running on a alpha N map and the TPS ADC bins were empty,and still not sure what to fill them with.

Is it random numbers between 42 and 233 and going up in 10's or 20' which are generated with the tps.

When the engine is running does the map start at the bottom left hand corner or top left hand corner.

hcmini1989
I think I know what I have done wrong.

I am running on a alpha N map and the TPS ADC bins were empty,and still not sure what to fill them with.

Is it random numbers between 42 and 233 and going up in 10's or 20' which are generated with the tps.

When the engine is running does the map start at the bottom left hand corner or top left hand corner.

ive done my bins with random numbers seems to work ok obviously using the minum tps calibration to start with and the maximum tps calibration to finish with

if you get me .but make sure the numbers are the same in the fuel map and igntion map well i think you have to i have and mine works ok

the map starts at bottom left so you put your minimum tps value in bottom left and maximum tps value in top left then fill in the bits in between

Dylan l
ive done my bins with random numbers seems to work ok obviously using the minum tps calibration to start with and the maximum tps calibration to finish with

if you get me .but make sure the numbers are the same in the fuel map and igntion map well i think you have to i have and mine works ok

the map starts at bottom left so you put your minimum tps value in bottom left and maximum tps value in top left then fill in the bits in between

Thanks for info hcmini1989

All the low numbers 8's and tens are in the top left hand corner, on the ign map with high red 30's on the bottom left.

Some swapping of numbers coming up.

hcmini1989
Thanks for info hcmini1989

All the low numbers 8's and tens are in the top left hand corner, on the ign map with high red 30's on the bottom left.

Some swapping of numbers coming up.

if you pm your email i can send you a copy off a map from a 1600 pug engine not sure what it is though .or if you go to extraefi you can download a stack of maps and its in there :blink:

even if its not for your engine you will get a good idea of what there supposed to look like

Edited by hcmini1989