• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest darcy

Turbo Wiring (vss And Immobiliser)

Guest darcy

hi im about to do the dreaded wiring on my 205 turbo. i have studied the autodata and read up on here and i am now pretty confident it will work bar 2 things.

i have no vss module or sensor, all i have is the following wires,

red 1360, goes to vss amplifier from ecu pin 9,

red 1621 and red 1622 which connect to the sensor plug itself.

so it looks like im missing the sensor (i need the one with an ouput for the speedo cable) and i take it i need the amplifier unit too? what other cars can i take this off, and will it fire up without it?

secondly, the lad i bought the engine off said it was from a 406 without an immobiliser keypad, but i have the following 3 wires in the loom that feed the keypad,

red 820 to ecu pin 50

red 821 to ecu pin 2

red 822 to ecu pin 27

are these redundant or has he had me off and its really an immobilised/keypad version? i dont know the year of the car, the lad removed it himself to fit in his 205 but then found a recon gti lump to fit back in the 205 so decided to sell the turbo engine on

can i find any info from the ecu's part number about this?

cheers in advance for any help

Guest darcy

right im ok with the vss wiring now after reading daviewonders thread, ill get a 3 pin one and bypass the module, which vss do i need then? what car will have this if i go hunting in the scrappy? also will this stop it running for now without a vss connected? cheers

welshpug

Those 3 wires you mention (820 821 822) are associated with the immobiliser, they are the same numbers I have been dealing with on a V6 wiring loom, I dont know if they'd be the same for a keypad, quite possibly.

I'm unsure if the Turbo ecu will stay in an open state if disconnected with the ignition on.

VSS wont stop it running, yes you can modify the loom for a 3 pin one and do away with the amplifier unit, the VSS required same as any other conversion that needs a VSS.

Here is a Google search of this forum for "vss" quite a lot of info there :P

Edited by welshpug

rubyna

Hi mate they are on e-bay for sale supposedly, anyway you need 1 off a s-16,early base model 306s, ZX-16valves and a few other citroen and pugs. If you do a search its been coverd many times mate i know its complicated, well i find it to be but it is in there somewhere. :P .

Hope that helps mate.

Luke..

pablo

Ive a regular cable only vss on mine mate. Not sure if the electronic one is really needed.

welshpug

yes it is, you'll get a bloomin annoying flatspot and more common stalling issues.

pablo

fair enough, mine does have an annoying little hesitation when you first tap the throttle right enough. No flat spots in the rev range though.

Daviewonder

Hi mate

This is the VSS that you need, its the one with the round bit on top for the 205 speedo cable to plug into, also it has to be a 3 pin type -

Odometer-Sensor-for-Peugeot-405-1.jpg

Afaik if the keypad was removed after the code had been entered when the engine was removed from the 406 then the ecu should stay unlocked permantly (unless someone plugs a new keypad in).

Guest darcy

great stuff. Thats the vss problem put to bed then. Now, the keypad. Not sure if iv come across correctly. The lad sellin the motor said the 406 was not fitted with a keypad. Did any come without? Ill plug the loom in tomorrow n see if she fires, now if the keypad is supposed to be on this engine and its immobilised it, with will it cut out, fuel? Spark? Cheers

welshpug

if he said it did not have a keypad it would have been a key chip + transponder.

it'll stop everything basically!

Guest darcy

oh dear. Thats not what i wanted to hear :ph34r: is there any way around this? Surely one of the 3 wires would give 12v back or a gnd to the ecu to say its seen the chip? Or will i have to get the ecu unlocked?

bassline21

what did you do in the end with this?? im not going to use the keypad. if it doesnt fire and the ecus locked ill simply get an early xm ecu which wasnt fitted with immobiliser (end in 219) . the trouble im having is what to do with the original 205 immobiliser which i believe also has something to do with central locking. one black wire for this has been disconnected from my tachi relay so i want to know where to connect this too? or if i should just bin the original. cheers.