• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugpete1108

Anyone Know What These Arches Are?

pugpete1108

just spotted these on ebay, originally i was looking for rallye ones but these might well do:

ebay link

does anyone know what sort they are, or even have any pics/links so i can see how they look on a 205?

woo83

Hi, I had a set of these on my old 205, Got them from ecosse About four years back. they were close to £300 if I remember correctly.

100_0270.jpg

Not the cleanest 205 I've ever owned but by far my favorite :)

woodsy

This is a customers car that had austing montego or maestro ones welded on, dont laugh :blush:

phonepics039-Copy.jpg

Jrod

Most likely the copies that are usually forsale on ebay. Look better left black I think.

Not too bad a fit but without wide wheels they look stupid (I used 16x8's)

photo0058q.jpg

Bigtimmy

They will be Anteras arches as sold by Ecosse. Proper ones will not be fibreglass, but GRP plastic IIRC.

Hi Henry,

Not meaning to start an argument or doubt your knowledge but GRP (Glass Reinforced Plastic) is fibreglass. Do you mean that they will be like an ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) plastic. :ph34r:

The only reason I am making the correction is that if they are Fibreglass they will more than likely be heavier than the ABS type ones but will be easier to repair in the event of damage.

If it were me buying some for a competition car I would go for a set of Fibreglass ones as they would be easier to modify to fit any car whereas the ABS ones would be more flexible initially but would become quite brittle over time.

swordfish210
Most likely the copies that are usually forsale on ebay. Look better left black I think.

photo0058q.jpg

Mint :ph34r:

pugpete1108

if they look w*nk with std 1.9 alloys then i might just leave them

these are the actual arches fitted to the blokes 205:

post-7077-1265240029_thumb.jpg

look like 16 on this too, bugger. rallye arches it it then

Henry Yorke
Hi Henry,

Not meaning to start an argument or doubt your knowledge but GRP (Glass Reinforced Plastic) is fibreglass. Do you mean that they will be like an ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) plastic. :angry:

The only reason I am making the correction is that if they are Fibreglass they will more than likely be heavier than the ABS type ones but will be easier to repair in the event of damage.

If it were me buying some for a competition car I would go for a set of Fibreglass ones as they would be easier to modify to fit any car whereas the ABS ones would be more flexible initially but would become quite brittle over time.

Yes I think you are right. There are also some flimsy fibreglass ones and some much more solid ones. What I was trying to get at is the Ebay ones will be flimsy copies but if you want them to last, then get the proper ones. IIRC they bolt on from the outside as opposed to just simply bond on.

However if they are for competition then the lighter and cheaper the better!

Baz

Definitely better left black IMO;

th_73-1.jpg

Edited by Baz

Jrod

Chances are they are the ebay ones as it says they came from ebay for £120 which is about what they cost off ebay.

They look crap with standard wheels imo...

rallye19n.jpg

Look how lost the rear wheels look!

Baz

It's not the wheels, it's the width. Mine's sitting on a set of goodwood rims at the moment and it still looks quite tough, as it's a bit wider track than a normal 205!

Jrod
It's not the wheels, it's the width. Mine's sitting on a set of goodwood rims at the moment and it still looks quite tough, as it's a bit wider track than a normal 205!

Pictures? I did run mine with 20mm spacers for a bit to clear the brembos but still didn't like the look. I think silver just didn't work to be fair.

one-lady-owner
This is a customers car that had austing montego or maestro ones welded on, dont laugh :lol:

phonepics039-Copy.jpg

That's a damn good idea, and it doesn't look half bad! Difficult to do nowadays I would have thought, given that the arches were terrible for rust on both the montego and the maestro!!

pugpete1108

not too worry anyway the tw*t ended the auction even though he said he would let it run.

and the do look horrid with the std track

Baz
Pictures? I did run mine with 20mm spacers for a bit to clear the brembos but still didn't like the look. I think silver just didn't work to be fair.

I don't really have any and it'd be pretty pointless as the arches aren't fitted at the front at the moment, there is this photo with a set of wets on the front, 5" wide wheels, and they still come out proud of the car without any arches fitted, the Rotas on the back are only half inch wider than std 1.9 wheels tbh too, and they still fill the arches ok. Rear beam is a 309 item with SBC Neg. camber kit so also adds a little width.

DSC00822.jpg

This is with the arches and Rotas fitted, as i say the Rota's are only half inch wider than 1.9 Speedlines.

front.jpg

To be fair, as you say it could also just be the colour, silver doesn't give the wheels any 'depth'.

Edited by Baz

black lad

photo0058q.jpg

Smashing looking car with that arch and wheel combination

Daviewonder
front.jpg

Is this yours Baz? :lol:

will.m

photo0058q.jpg

:(

those headlights dont look frosted, am i right or is it just the angle?

Baz
Is this yours Baz? :(

Yes. :ph34r: