• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest twelham

205 Gti Rear Badges

Guest twelham

Hi,

Im trying to find a set of rear badges to tidy up my 1991 205 Gti 1.9 8v as they have faded a little. (I think I have OCD!) :)

As im sure you are aware, there are three. PEUGEOT, 205 and GTI..... where can I buy these from and how much approx?

Do Peugeot still stock them new or is there an aftermarket stockist?

Thanks for your help?

welshpug
Do Peugeot still stock them new?

I do believe so, have you tried asking?

jord294

main dealer is your best bet.

iirc, you'll be paying over £25 for the three

Ryan

Peugeot still do them. They're a bit expensive for what they are, but no spectacularly so.

"Peugeot" = £18.94 (part no: 8659 HK)

"205 = £9.47 (8660 48)

"GTI" = £9.12 (8660 A1)

Pugleyrich

Probably best to buy them new at those prices. I recently sold a scratched set on ebay and they went for £26!

Guest twelham
Peugeot still do them. They're a bit expensive for what they are, but no spectacularly so.

"Peugeot" = £18.94 (part no: 8659 HK)

"205 = £9.47 (8660 48)

"GTI" = £9.12 (8660 A1)

Good man, this is really useful. I will get down to my local dealer (South Croydon Peugeot) and get them ordered... I doubt they have them in stock.

Am I mad spending the best part of forty quid on badges?! :)

Thanks for your help.

zebedy101

The cost price on them is a lot less than what they sell them for, try and haggle discount as they can easily give you 10 percent or so without worrying for profit. I get cost price pug bits and I think the 205 and the GTi badges were around a tenner for the pair.

weejp
The cost price on them is a lot less than what they sell them for, try and haggle discount as they can easily give you 10 percent or so without worrying for profit. I get cost price pug bits and I think the 205 and the GTi badges were around a tenner for the pair.

Yeah definitely, I bought some front red trim and centre caps recently and casually asked the parts guy for discount and he duly obliged, I believe 10% was deducted just for asking..!! Worth a go I reckon.

I had the 3 rear badges on my shopping list that day too, but ended up deciding that there weren't nearly as bad as I though they were, £22 was a bit steep for me.

Couple of years ago managed to get 2 mint badges (Peugeot and 205, my GTi one was fine) off of a low mileage phase 2 at a local scrappies for £1 - ended up giving them away when I sold my 1.9, along with other bits I wish I'd kept......... D'oh...

Para

You can also find the whole set at autofive.co.uk