• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Weser

1.9gti Fusebox

Weser

Hi,

Im going to replace my fusebox as it has loose connections in at the moment.

My question is before I start unplugging the connectors, are all the connectors different sizes so I cant get them mixed up? Or should I do them one by one so as not to mix them up?

Also can I use any gti fusebox or does it have to be a 1.9 fuse box. (My car is a Ph 2)

Thanks

Andy

dan_cole69

Hi,

To answer part of your question yes some of the plugs are the same/similar so it would be an idea to number them and have a diagram to cross referance.

As for the fuse board I think you will be fine using any injection model fuse board because (and I think im right in saying please correct if wrong) the only difference between injection fuse boards and carb fuse boards is the connection for the fuel pump (small yellow connector 2 pin IIRC).

Hope this helps

Dan

Weser

Cheers Dan,

Just what I wanted to know.

Thanks

pug_ham

None of the fusebox plugs can be mixed up afaik, they are all specifically keyed for one place on the fuseboard.

As shown in this picture.

Graham.

Weser
None of the fusebox plugs can be mixed up afaik, they are all specifically keyed for one place on the fuseboard.

As shown in this picture.

Graham.

A picture even better :)

Cheers

Daviewonder

Im sure they even have coloured dots on the board next to the plugs aswell so you just match the coloured spots on the board to the plugs making it even easier.