• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Masekwm

Mi Won't Start

Masekwm

New starter, engine spins, no start.

Got fuel, got spark, got air. Bum.

I need to check the compression and timing, chances are I've flooded it badly as the plugs were covered in petrol. Doh!

hcmini1989
New starter, engine spins, no start.

Got fuel, got spark, got air. Bum.

I need to check the compression and timing, chances are I've flooded it badly as the plugs were covered in petrol. Doh!

sounds like you have it in order give the plugs a clean then try it the timing etc etc

DamirGTI

Mixed up lead order on the dizzy cap , cam timing out , bad compression ... that's what might be wrong if you have spark and fuel but it wont go - bang :lol: though the spark might be too weak and the fueling too rich/lean :) but if it was fine before me thinks that it'll be one of the first three symptoms ...

Damir B)

Edited by DamirGTI

Masekwm

I'm going to compression test it tomorrow, then at the weekend I'm going to change the plugs, firstly because I know it's been flooded badly, not once but twice and to rule them out, I'll then crack on and check the timing.

I've found another user with exactly the same issue with the same pop from the exhaust too! link just they don't say how they solved it! :lol:

It can't be leads, I only remove one at a time.

It's not fun trying to sort the car whilst trying to do MOT repairs on another and attend night school too!

hcmini1989

mine did something similar not so long ago it cut out and wouldnt start it had spark fuel etc .it would baackfire and pop out of the inlet i tried everything chaged maps compresion test retimed it and all mine turned out to be was plugs because mine was running way to rich .it took me ages tofigure it out though

Edited by hcmini1989

Masekwm

The Mrs had a late start this morning, so I pulled a plug out and asked her to pop to the factors before work to get four replacements, the plug absolutely stunk of fuel.

Going to turn it a few times without the plugs in and injectors off and then a few times with just the new plugs before I reconnect the injection.

Masekwm

Plugs out, injection off, engine spins.

New Plugs in, slightly different note.

Injection on, as Alistair once said "bwarp", damn I love that sound :rolleyes:

Now to get it moted as it's ticket ran out on Sunday :D

Thanks everyone.

Baz

Excellent!! :rolleyes:

Alastairh

Nice work! :rolleyes: