• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mattmalden

306 Bottom Arms

mattmalden

Hi,

I'm going to upgrade my 1.9 gti to use 306 gti calipers, disks and pads. I've also found some 306gti6 hubs (supposedly lighter - but not from what I've read here, opinion on the forum says they are the same!?) and bottom arms/ball joints.

The caliper swap sound simple enough - may have to grind the caliper a bit, but should I go for hubs/bottom arms too? Do they fit easily? Are there any benefits? Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt.

Tom Fenton

306 wishbones will not bolt on to a 205- so that is one to dismiss unless you are into lots of fabrication to make them fit.

The 306 hubs can be lighter if they are the hollow type, however I've found that the geometry is slightly different, so they give more positive camber than the standard 205 hubs- not a good thing. So I wouldn't do this either.

Having said that, the 306 GTI brakes are an easy bolt on fitment to 205 1900 hubs. Just make sure that your wheel balancing weights are not stick on ones on the inside of the rim- as these will most likely catch the calipers.

mattmalden

Thanks Tom,

Confirming what I'd read - always pays to check, I couldn't find all that detail in one post so its good for me to have that all together.

Can't wait to get those 306 brakes fitted!! :)