• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
austingm

Window Bracket

austingm

The bracket that holds the window to to the window winder mechanism has rusted and part of it has broken off.

Is it possible to source this part alone? Or is it permanently bonded to the window?

toddydal

they wer held in place by a strip of rubber i think and not bonded but im sure they were a twat to get off and on,if its the thing im thinking of a rrubber mallet and loads of wd40

miamichris
The bracket that holds the window to to the window winder mechanism has rusted and part of it has broken off.

Is it possible to source this part alone? Or is it permanently bonded to the window?

yes you can buy the channel from peugeot, done this job on my XS driver's window, its a pain in the arse :rolleyes:

here's a parts diagram with the part no.'s : http://stuartmcguire.co.uk/pug/GB/205F/9/92L10A.HTM

the channel was around £15 from peugeot when I got mine, I think.

some tips for you..

before removing the old channel mark the glass with a permanent marker or something, so that you put the new one back on in the same place or your window wont work properly!

theres a rubber seal that goes between the channel and the glass, and the channel needs to be knocked back on to the glass with a rubber mallet. I mixed up a bit of washing up liquid with water and put the seal into the channel, lubricated the glass with the washing liquid and it helped the channel back on to the glass. Still had to hit it pretty hard though!

austingm

Perfect. Thanks