• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sport1901966

Mi16 Ignition Amp/coil Wiring

sport1901966

I'm considering making a new loom for my newly installed (still work in progress) Mi16 based on the Motronic 4.1 (2-row) BX wiring. I'm starting of by drawing up a schematic of all the plugs connections etc but have come to a point of some confusion. CAPS says that the Ignition amplifier signal (from the ECU pin 1) is 'shielded and connected to ECU earth terminal number 5'. The associated wiring diagram is below:

Ignampwiring.jpg

My questions are - what does the symbol in the red circle mean?

and - what does it mean by 'shielded and connected to ECU earth terminal number 5' - connected how?

Thanks,

Geoff

Anthony

From that diagram, ECU pin 1 is connected to ignition amp pin 6.

That wire between the ECU and ignition amp is shielded, and the shield is earthed at the ECU end only, earthed through the same earth feeding pin 5 of the ECU.

Does that help?

sport1901966
From that diagram, ECU pin 1 is connected to ignition amp pin 6.

That wire between the ECU and ignition amp is shielded, and the shield is earthed at the ECU end only, earthed through the same earth feeding pin 5 of the ECU.

Does that help?

That is spot on thank you. I may be asking too much but do you know how that earth is physically made. I.e. Is there a wire coming off the amp signal wire sheilding?

Cheers for the help!

Edited by sport1901966

Sign in to follow this