• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rallyvan

Heater Matrix

Rallyvan

Got in the car this morning and found the footwells like swimming pools, how hard is to change the heater matrix? never changed 1 on the 205. Any help appreciated. Oli

jord294

easy enough, aslong as the screws for the matrix pipe clamps aren't corroded :lol:

Edited by jord294

pugdamo
Got in the car this morning and found the footwells like swimming pools, how hard is to change the heater matrix? never changed 1 on the 205. Any help appreciated. Oli

Its been a while since i did mine but.I removed the pipes to the matrix in the engine bay,then took the drivers lower dash trim off,poke your head under the dash,look towards the centre console and you can see it.Undo the plastic part of the pipe from the matrix to the bulkhead,then undo the fixing screws on the matrix and slide it out,takes about 15 mins.I read the haynes manual before i did it and it was on about removing most of the dash,when i got to work,had a look and it and went about it my own way,the only thing the haynes manual is good for is opening to the centre page and using as a kneeling down mat

SurGie
the only thing the haynes manual is good for is opening to the centre page and using as a kneeling down mat

Thats about right, especially with the harder English they use for simple jobs :lol:

the only thing the haynes manual is good for is opening to the centre page and using as a kneeling down mat

Thats about right, especially with the harder English they use for simple jobs :D

Usefull thread :)

one-lady-owner

That's useful to know for me! The only heater matrix I've ever done in the past was my old ZX, which involved removing the ENTIRE dash from the car...... nice to know the 205 is little easier!!

Rallyvan

Good good cheers for the replies, glad to know that i don't have to tek all the dash out.

pug_ham

Try a search, I've posted a how to in a reply before iirc which it will hopefully find.

Graham.