• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
allanallen

Gti6 Cam Timing Adjustment

maxi

Mr Welshpug, are you sure you havent just written a complete load of toffee on this topic (not the first time) then realised what you have put is so far fetched its obvious its not accurate then have seen an easy way out to try and regain a little bit of dignity.

As I have said for years now, if you dont know something, dont post it. If its a little out of the ordinary, as you posted, make the content of your post clear. Otherwise, we might as well all post in japanese and part numbers.

Maybe you just spend way too much time on here trying to post on pretty much every topic?

As for me cluttering the topic I posted a genuine question, was it a piss take? Could it be an april fool?

Also, 16v engines are naturally revvy. To try and make them develop loads of mid range grunt and torque is not in their nature, it is possible but usaually its a bi-product of the end result which is monsterous power at the top end. If you want a lathargic, lazy, grunty engine, either go 8v turbo or buy a tug boat.

As for what you have posted about making a car quicker by what you have done, I simply dont believe you. In fact, I dont believe anything you post, apart from part numbers as you are far too anal to get them wrong.

Maxi

welshpug
Mr Welshpug, are you sure you havent just written a complete load of toffee on this topic

I don't believe I have

Then realised what you have put is so far fetched its obvious its not accurate then have seen an easy way out to try and regain a little bit of dignity.

see above.

Maybe you just spend way too much time on here trying to post on pretty much every topic?

Possibly to the former due to the amount of time I have on my hands, but not the latter, I can try to if you like though.

Also, 16v engines are naturally revvy. To try and make them develop loads of mid range grunt and torque is not in their nature, it is possible but usaually its a bi-product of the end result which is monsterous power at the top end. If you want a lathargic, lazy, grunty engine, either go 8v turbo or buy a tug boat.

Why don't you buy a Honda then?

maxi
I don't believe I have

see above.

Possibly to the former due to the amount of time I have on my hands, but not the latter, I can try to if you like though.

Why don't you buy a Honda then?

Because I love 205's and am quite happy with my revvy NA XU engine ta. Im not interested in making power low down and shortshifting.

Why do you have so much time on your hands? Im only on here as I have been rained off today, have you no job? If you dont have a job, I think its about time you put some effort into finding one instead of posting on a ridiculous amount of topics on here.

I just cannot stand it when people post s*ite, thats why I dont post much as my technical knowledge has been covered 100 times before.

Back on topic, my findings have been go with std timing setup if you are running a healthy standard engine.

Still on the same subject, if people are looking for a more mid range engine, you have picked the wrong lump.

Maxi

Rippthrough
To try and make them develop loads of mid range grunt and torque is not in their nature, it is possible but usaually its a bi-product of the end result which is monsterous power at the top end. If you want a lathargic, lazy, grunty engine, either go 8v turbo or buy a tug boat.

Sorry, but if we're having a 'talking bollocks' match on here, then you've just hit the jackpot Maxi... :lol:

I also don't see why Mei's job or living habits have anything relevant to do with the thread, at all?

Edited by Rippthrough

Tesstuff
Why do you have so much time on your hands? Im only on here as I have been rained off today, have you no job? If you dont have a job, I think its about time you put some effort into finding one instead of posting on a ridiculous amount of topics on here.

I just cannot stand it when people post s*ite, thats why I dont post much as my technical knowledge has been covered 100 times before.

Maxi

Polite applause for posting what a lot of us think Maxi.

He also seems to struggle in distinguishing a person who buys a 'job lot' already machined and ready to drop in and someone who does a conversion on their own and has to put the important and meaningful hours in.

Anthony

This thread is starting to get needlessly personal - back on topic please! :lol:

allanallen
Back on topic, my findings have been go with std timing setup if you are running a healthy standard engine.

Maxi

Any ideas what the standard lift at TDC is maxi

I've sealed my engine back up now I've gone with 0.8mm @ TDC inlet and 0.76mm @TDC exhaust.

This is roughly what peter t suggested, I thought i'd give it a whirl and see what I think. My reasoning being that if I find I don't like it I can safely retard the inlet without having to set the DTIs back up, I pre measured the lift at TDC when the inlet was fully retarded (0.2mm lift @TDC) , so it'll be just a case of slackening the bolts and spinning the cam back.

I'll report back with my findings/opinion as soon as I get the rest of the motor finished. Chers for your input chaps

Edited by allanallen

petert

I always speak in crank degrees, as that's were most people measure it.

welshpug

thanks Peter, on a similar topic, which cam would be best to start fro a stage 1 gti6 grind? the R or RS camshaft?

(will be getting my pistons altered to take more lift @ TDC)

cheers :)

Edited by welshpug

petert

You can do either. It's just not nice to grind away lift on the RS cam in order to fit the 16H426B grind on. Thus it makes more sense to start with the R cam for that grind. Using the RS cam, there are two possibilities, which have more lift but less duration. So probably the RS cam is better in that sense.

Sign in to follow this