• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
oli-pug

Another Victim Of The Road Conditions...

oli-pug

Had a little accident in the 205 this morning. Slid on some ice at a junction and clobbered a nice solid tree head on. Damage looked bad at first but it still drove fine and straight.

Stripped it down this evening to assess the matter and the chassis rails look fine and true luckily, main damage is a big bend in the crossmember and a fold in the ns headlamp panel. The bumper and valance were wrecked and the ns bumper support bent, but that should straighten up ok.

Please take a look at the pictures and let me know your thoughts. Is it possible to just replace the crossmember and fit a new headlamp panel in situ. I've heard the wing might need to be removed which could open a can of worms.

DSC07026.jpg

DSC07028.jpg

DSC07029.jpg

DSC07030.jpg

DSC07033.jpg

Also, does anyone nearby have any of the following parts?

Ph2 Front bumper and fixings

Gti red valance and clips

Single fan and rad cowling

Ns headlamp support bracket (inner)

Tom Fenton

The wing does need to come off to replace the headlamp panel, it sits on top of it. Other than that a relatively easy repair, especially if you can borrow or hire a spot welder.

Steffrallye

looks like you should beable to fix that, looks like a simple bent it back in to place jobbie,

reminds you how bad the roads are,

Rob Thomson

The bumper support brackets are only ~£6 from the dealer so you might as well get a new one.

steve@cornwall

I'd certainly attempt to straighten the lamp panel, or replace only part of it, leaving the wing in-situ. Your chances of paint matching a new wing are probably zero :lol:

Cameron

s*it luck mate, hope you get it sorted.

swordfish210

Sorry to hear that. If it were my car then i would just keep removing bits until you get to the bit that has no damage and repair from there forwards. So remove the headlamp pannel, bumper brackets, reshape the innerwing and repair from there. I'll be done in no time :o

oli-pug

Thanks for the input guys. I probably won't be doing any of the panel or paint work myself due to lack of time really.

A friend owns a bodyshop locally so will do the work for me, I'll get him to replace the crossmember and have a go at reshaping the headlamp panel then. Any recommendations for where to get half decent pattern parts?

swordfish210

You can get the new pannels from Peugeot

cRaig

lol.. yet another accident repair thread I can comment on. A headlamp panel is about 60 quid from peugeot, and the bodyshop took both the front wings off to replace both sides on mine. Got a new crossrail for under the rad as well to get rid of any rust whatsoever (£20) I went with genuine pug panels in the end, as I didnt think they were too pricey, fit perfectly and are well galvanized etc. Bodyshop recommended I just got genuine panels, considering how much longer it takes them to fit repro ones.

dscn2179l.jpg

dscn2174p.jpg

Edited by cRaig

M@tt

i got a hadrian repro one and tbh the fitment was shocking!! i was pulling it apart anyway as i was customising the lower cross member section so wasn't really and issue for me but its obvioulsy more work than just spot welding it on.

I've found wings from them to be OK but this front panel was particularly poor. The actual sections were correct shape size etc but it was the way in which they were all spot welded together which was off

oli-pug

Well, the cars going in on saturday hopefully. I've ordered most of the parts needed, ended up going with a pattern headlamp panel and crossmember in the end as Steve at the bodyshop just gave me a flat rate for the labour and paint, so he can have the ballache! :D

Also have a new bumper and red moulding on its way and another radiator. The one on there was only 1 month old ffs! :lol: Was an aluminium core jobbie off ebay for £48 so i've ordered the same again.

Just need a valance and fan cowling which james r should have for me. A few people offered me a cowling, thanks j turnell and baz, but the fewer journeys the better :)

Then I just need a ns inner headlamp support, probably a scrappy find. And all the relevant bumper fixings, do pug do a fitting kit?

welshpug

headlamp support is about £7 from Peugeot, and I do believe there is a bumper fixings kit you can get as well, IIRC its listed for the P1-1.5 cars and doesn't come up on the P2 listings.

oli-pug
headlamp support is about £7 from Peugeot, and I do believe there is a bumper fixings kit you can get as well, IIRC its listed for the P1-1.5 cars and doesn't come up on the P2 listings.

I'll have a look on service box, cheers