• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
grandos

Side Repeaters

grandos

Does anyone know which side repeater I should order as I don't want to order the wrong ones.

Basically my repeater is of the smaller size with the black plastic square outer ring (broken on both of mine) that twists in to lock, this is what it lists in servicebox and the parts chap didn't know which ones either.

It lists two part numbers: 6325 24 W/O Foll proofing item & 6325 59 with locating lug.

Any ideas?

Regards

Ben

Paul_13

Which side repeaters are you after?

Standard set or clear?

I have a set of standard (amber ones), PM me if your interested.

They have the big black ring around them

welshpug

I believe its 6325 59 you want, they look like Paras ones above, I say this as the ones on my 405 look like that and only has that part number listed for it :)

Tom Fenton

A 1988 car should have the earlier repeaters, these are not like the 405 ones, only the later cars 89 on have these. So I reckon you want 6325 24.

Para

Clear ones, without a seal around ?

p1010027.jpg

How come some of the cars didn't had them at all

205gti999_011.jpg

Edited by Para

jdb1964
Clear ones, without a seal around ?

p1010027.jpg

How come some of the cars didn't had them at all

205gti999_011.jpg

Early cars Ph1 didn't have side repeaters, if so and this is a 1.9 ('87- ) ? someone filled in and repainted / used early replacement wings ???

Looks like a Ph1.5 as has that style rear tailgate spoiler not the Ph1 style one

J

Edited by jdb1964

grandos

Para they look like the amber ones on the red 1.9 above but I think are more the size of the clear repeaters on the miami vehicle.

I'm pretty sure that the later vehicles (not sure when they changed though) had a slightly larger repeater.

My vehicle is a Ph 1 with side repeater model.

Paul Xiii once we have determined which are the correct lights I'll PM you.

omega

what does the law say about side indicators?

eg do you have to have them?

grandos

I think it depends on the model year and whether or not they were a factory fit, not sure on dates etc.

Edited by grandos

humanz

Ph 1 side repeaters have a locating plug (however the plug tends to break off over the years). They have a spring type locking mechanism. They do not twist and lock into place. The hole for ph1 side repeaters is circular.

Later repeaters twist and lock into place. Their holes are not simply round, as they have additional cutouts for the locking mechanism. I could fire up my camera and take a picture of the two types side by side but it's kinda easy to tell which ones u've got. Just remove the repeater and look at the hole. Sizes can be deceptive. I have a ph2 side repeater next to me which is smaller than the ph1s I recently removed from my ph1 car. Additionally, I think the rubber seals on the ph2 repeaters are thicker than the ph1 repeaters (as seen in the pic with the red gti).

grandos

Ok can see your thinking but mine has a twist and lock, the hole is odd shaped to suit this and is a Ph1 car.

I'm thinking from memory (vehicel is in Devon and I'm not) that the amber colour lense is around an inch across, any ideas which ones.

The rubber seals are about 5mm thick around the repeater and are part or the lamp unit.

grandos

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Peugeot-205-Side-Win...=item35a1cfd154

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Peugeot-205-Side-Win...=item35a1cfd40b

Not sure if these will be active links as I've never done this before but this shows the two different sizes of the side repeaters, but the parts avaliable for my model year list to different parts, wodering if its the size difference or mounting methods?

Paul_13

Pretty sure it's the ones I have mate, PM if your interested don't want much for them.

Have you got the bulb holder?

Might be the only bits I dont have

humanz
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Peugeot-205-Side-Win...=item35a1cfd154

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Peugeot-205-Side-Win...=item35a1cfd40b

Not sure if these will be active links as I've never done this before but this shows the two different sizes of the side repeaters, but the parts avaliable for my model year list to different parts, wodering if its the size difference or mounting methods?

The part numbers reflect the mounting methods. Both of those repeaters are for the twist and lock holes (odd shaped holes). Both are what I would call ph1.5 or ph2 repeaters. The repeaters with a locating lug (ph1 repeaters) are totally different (the white part that actually goes into the hole). Will take some pictures and put up.

Simes

I've got the ones you want along with bulb holder.

humanz

The repeaters all use the same bulb holders, so you can use the holders you currently have. Here are those pics I promised. My computer's been really slow today.

post-7319-1263046304_thumb.jpg

post-7319-1263046325_thumb.jpg

post-7319-1263046357_thumb.jpg

Should be a little clearer now. The later style repeaters came in two sizes: a small size identical in size to the early style ones, and a later larger size. But, both later style repeaters have the same locking mechanism. The early style repeaters had a plastic spring mechanism and a locating lug (as in the drawing). If your hole is the same as the one in the photo, you need a later style repeater. The size is your choice. I converted my ph1 holes to the later style ones, and I rather the bigger sized later style repeaters.

Here's a gratuitous photo of my 205 with my smoked later style repeaters. Taken when it was clean.

post-7319-1263047075_thumb.jpg

grandos

Right ordered some of the 24 part number repeaters and they are indeed the earlier style with the locating lug push fit type. (No good for mine)

The other 59 part number repeaters are for the twist lock fitment but are the larger size (smaller twist lock has not even got a mention or part number)

So it looks as though I'm now stuck with the larger size repeaters. (ordered and paid for)

Batfink

Off the top of my head from April 86 the front indicator needs to be visible from a certain angle at the back of the car though I forget specifics. You can have sticky out front indicators, ones on the wing mirrors or the more traditional ones mounted on the wings as long as it meets the criteria...

I remember looking into whether I could remove mine but the car is August 86 so I'm a little annoyed. I have a few ideas though..

Kev

blippi
Off the top of my head from April 86 the front indicator needs to be visible from a certain angle at the back of the car though I forget specifics.

i believe the specific is u stand at the rear end of the car an step away from the car 1 metre sideways ie so u are inline with the back of the car if u can see the indicater the side repeater isnt essential