• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
nickaliath

Gti-6 To 205 Wiring Loom Help

nickaliath

im wondering if someone can help me out on my wiring if searched through forum but have found bits and pieces of what i need but no real answers.

if someone can take a look on my thread at how ive wired the loom in http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=111398 think its on page 5 of the thread.

For some reason when i connect the battery up the battery light illuminates on the dash even with no ignition on, when i try to turn the key and doesnt turn over or anything???

Galifrey
im wondering if someone can help me out on my wiring if searched through forum but have found bits and pieces of what i need but no real answers.

if someone can take a look on my thread at how ive wired the loom in http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=111398 think its on page 5 of the thread.

For some reason when i connect the battery up the battery light illuminates on the dash even with no ignition on, when i try to turn the key and doesnt turn over or anything???

It is going to be almost impossible to troubleshoot without seeing it. Clearly some wires are crossed somewhere, so you need to re-check all the new connections you have made. The battery light is driven from the alternator excitor (I think) so it is possible you have maybe an ignition perm live crossed with that?

Miles

It's always hard to do, With the GTi6 loom in basic terms you only need to connect 4 wires to get it working, With a DVM check the connection's and go from there