• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pablo

Rebuilding An Xu10j2te

jonnyturbo

how much was it for all the parts to do the h/g? didnt realise mine was frozen started up fine etc got to my friends and smokey smokey no water etc sounded like it was running on water instead of oil lol

pablo

£18 for the headbolts (FAI)

£45 for the headgasket (FAI) - std GTI-6 one. MLS.

from eurocarparts.

pablo

Well the rebuild is back on, found out my current block is cracked. Whether from the big freeze or what Ive no idea but its badly putting oil into the coolant. As seen below:

26f3a041.jpg

So I took the head off to have a look and found that the block was cracked in a few places. One of the headbolt wells was full of the chick soup.

29db3c2e.jpg

48955864.jpg

The red lines show the areas of cracking, on a few different areas not all cracked in the one place like that.

What I cant understand tho is how the oil got into the water, as the oilways are at each end of the block and the cracking is more front middle where there are no oilways. Any insight would be great just so I know Im not barking up the wrong tree.

So the block I have will get cleaned up and rebuilt and it will just have to do as I cant afford bigger pistons.

Sign in to follow this