• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
205gtichris

205 Gti6 Hard To Start

205gtichris

This problem has got worse recently, it used to start first turn of the key but the engine would not rev for a few seconds then it would run perfect, recently it takes about 5 minutes of trying to get it started.

It turns over fine but it seems to backfire into the inlet manifold , when it finally starts it will idle fine then when i try to rev it it stalls it will do this a couple of times then it will run perfect again .

i have done a compression test and got 200 200 195 200 so the engine seems in excellent condition.

Any help would be good ;)

mechanicalrepairs

It sounds like the injection system is not recognising the cam shaft sensor, easy way to have this diagnosed is get it plugged into a diagnostic machine and check the parametres to see if you are getting a cam shaft signal?

Carl

205gtichris

cheers for the reply i have no diagnostics on my loom so il have to try another sensor and see if that sorts it .

welshpug

easy enough to sort the diagnostics, its only 3 wires on these if its got the OBD plug, or just two on the earlier cars, something I need to do when I get a chance with my zx as that's got a gti6 engine in it too.

Sign in to follow this