• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rallyvan

306 Drive Shafts Into 205

Rallyvan

The problem i have is that i have dropped the 306td into my 205 and the 205 drive shaft fits on the off side but on the near side it does fit but doesn't fit flush up to the box therefore not sealing correctly. The question i have is which drive shaft will fit? Cheers Oli

Tom Fenton

You want to fit the inner joint from the 306 shaft, to the rest of the short 205 shaft. It will then fit properly. If you compare you will see the difference in the inner joint.

PaulJLLD
You want to fit the inner joint from the 306 shaft, to the rest of the short 205 shaft. It will then fit properly. If you compare you will see the difference in the inner joint.

As tom said, just swap the end over, its a straight swap done it 3 or 4 times now.

Rallyvan
As tom said, just swap the end over, its a straight swap done it 3 or 4 times now.

can both phase 1,2 td inner cv,s fit onto 205 shaft or is it certian model etc that will fit? thanks

Miles

Swap the Diff or come D/S replacement it saves allot of hassle, I;ve had this a couple of time's now and having to use a old Inner CV is not good practice.

Rallyvan

thort the diff was on the off side driveshaft, this 1 isn't the problem it's the near side that comes ot of the gearbox, i no it's not good practice but will it wrk and back to the orginal question does both phase driveshafts work or is it on a certain 1??

Rallyvan

thort the diff was on the off side driveshaft, this 1 isn't the problem it's the near side that comes ot of the gearbox, i no it's not good practice but will it wrk and back to the orginal question does both phase driveshafts work or is it on a certain 1??

Henry Yorke

The diffs in later Peugeot engines don't allow the driveshaft to sit as deep. I had to swap the diff on my very late 2.0 Mi16 gearbox to allow the 205 / 309 shafts to fit.

Miles

O/S is fine, it was the depth as Henry's said changed on the N/S, As said use the 205 Diff and you will never have a problem or having to use old parts on (Maybe) new shafts

foreigner

what about shorten the bit which goes in the box, when I looked at it it didn't look worn all the way????

Miles

Yes you can, But it's still a bodge

Sign in to follow this